Repeat Chorus

Final Chorus
I’m lying here dreaming of you
Amazed at the sky so blue
The last thing I know to be true
I’ll always be dreaming of you

Edited by The Forum Monkeys

Hey, Daryl,

It's great to hear you and the current Mrs. G singing great together on this fun sounding pop rocker!😀

Really well written with a clever lyrical story, excellent playing by everyone as always, and terrific vocals and a bouncy vibe.

I really like the cool little clean guitar fills that fly in from the sides during the chorus, and the bridge before the break was cool going into the third chorus with the great distorted guitar fills.  I think the whistling added a lively bit of merriment to the overall feel of the song.

My only very minor nits, (sorry to be a nitpicker!😀), are that at 2:28 right before the break, and at 3:42, the very last note of the song, either the bass note which should be a "G" is sharp in those two spots, or more likely the floor tom drum hit is out of tune and creating a "sour note" when combining with the bass.  I listened all the way through three times, and those two spots distracted me all three times.  Although, it's perfectly okay in the beginning at the :13 second mark where there's no floor tom.

Anyway, Daryl, it's always fantastic to hear another great song from everyone in The Forum Monkeys, and Ed did a super job on the mix!👍

Nice work everybody,  and have a great weekend!
Bob

• Thanks 1

Well, when Bob starts doing my job as pointer-outer, you know things are going well! Kudos! Good comments there.

I thought the mix and performances were basically good and the vocals quite well mixed, up front, Daryl's voice is high quality and extremely listenable always.

If I may be allowed a subjective moment? as for the song itself, perhaps I didn't listen hard enough but the subject and the easy rhymes didn't really engage me that much.

That said, I believe the Travelling Wilburys would have sold 10 million copies of this one, which goes to show you, I dunno squat.

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, Bob Oister said:

My only very minor nits, (sorry to be a nitpicker!😀), are that at 2:28 right before the break, and at 3:42, the very last note of the song, either the bass note which should be a "G" is sharp in those two spots, or more likely the floor tom drum hit is out of tune and creating a "sour note" when combining with the bass.  I listened all the way through three times, and those two spots distracted me all three times.  Although, it's perfectly okay in the beginning at the :13 second mark where there's no floor tom.

Wanker bass player dinnit know what he was doing.

That's fixed now.

Good song, Good ideas and Good hooks.

Drums need to be louder though. Especially when it kicks into the double time parts (during the bridges). I can barely hear the kick during those parts.

Like the breakdown too, good writing. The whistling parts are cheesy but you know, seem to work pretty good. Its catchy.