Feature Request: Highlight whole line in MIDI event list

JohnK

i often jump into the MIDI event list to correct/adjust my MIDI events. I noticed that on some tracks, when editing the values on the far right, its hard to tell which event I am actually editing. This request is for some kind of highlight or marker around the whole line to help identify which event I am actually editing. Thinking of a worst case scenario, if I had a long list of the exact same note closely spaced in time, but wish to create a pattern manually by velocities, it would be difficult to get the right line item. This is not the image examples below, which is more to illustrate the difficulty to actually identify which line I am on (ie at which time the event I am editing actually is)

1044771253_01problem.png.a82653f1fcaf59d9d630c36dc86d9083.png

One possible solution, where the highlight only displays when I am in "edit mode":

520468132_02Possibilty.png.3ea86cec428f471f23e1374453034b3c.png

actually, I just noticed, the last two columns do not have headings! add that little thing to the request ;)

Edited by John Kalabric
added headings
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 9:52 AM, John Kalabric said:

actually, I just noticed, the last two columns do not have headings! add that little thing to the request ;)

And when I walked away from my keyboard (that's a PC keyboard) it dawned on me that these last columns would hold different data for different types of events (ie events could be program changes or controller events etc).

I meant to go back and see how that was actually handled currently, but don't have the time right now to do so.

Edited by John Kalabric
  • Like 1