How do I float windows?

Anthony Giorgianni

Question

Hello All

I recently migrated from Cakewalk Pro 7 to Cakewalk by BandLab, and I'm finding the new version incredibly complicated (I can't even figure where to post this message or where the tutorials are). The big problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to float Windows. WithPro 7, I was able to open the CW window and then put the console on one of my two computer screens, the track view on the other and maybe even add a staff view in another window and move them around.  Maybe even add reverb and equalizer windows. With the new version, I can float a track view, but not other types of views, such as the console or piano roll views. I can tab the views or lay them out in rows (the lay out in columns or arrange icons selection have no effect. I don't even know what they mean). What am I doing wrong? I AM able to record, play back.

Thank you!

Anthony Giorgianni

1 answer to this question

Hi Anthony, when opening a view CbB puts it in the MultiDock by default.  To float the view right click on it's tab and choose 'undock', now you can move it to another screen.  If you want to put a floating view back into the MultiDock  click the view’s icon located in the upper left corner of the view and choose 'Dock in MultiDock'.  Cheers.