Acronis True Image 2020

cclarry

I'm still using the 2016 version, and I hate it because of the bugs.  Maybe some of my problems are caused by trying to prevent it from doing backups whenever it wants. I turn off scheduling and stop the scheduler service, but that doesn't seem to convince it. And when I start the program, it immediately gets busy updating one of my existing backups. (My solution to that is make them read-only.)  It's probably the buggiest program I've ever had on a personal computer, and I don't feel like paying them for another set of hassles.

I am alone, or has it improved?

2 hours ago, Mitch_I said:

I'm still using the 2016 version, and I hate it because of the bugs.  Maybe some of my problems are caused by trying to prevent it from doing backups whenever it wants. I turn off scheduling and stop the scheduler service, but that doesn't seem to convince it. And when I start the program, it immediately gets busy updating one of my existing backups. (My solution to that is make them read-only.)  It's probably the buggiest program I've ever had on a personal computer, and I don't feel like paying them for another set of hassles.

I am alone, or has it improved?

Never had this issue and I've been using it for ages.
You might be configuring your back up as the wrong type.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, TheSteven said:

You might be configuring your back up as the wrong type.

I assume you're referring to the backup scheme. I always choose Single Version Scheme. And I always choose Do not schedule.  I have to select these options every time, since my choices aren't saved between sessions.

I suspect that if my choices were saved, I wouldn't be having the problems.

Just now, Mesh said:

Can this be upgraded from any version?

No Mesh...it will check your serial # to see if it's eligible for the upgrade.
If you are asking can you buy this, then yes, as it's not an upgrade, but the 
full version that is automatically eligible for the upgrade to 2021

• Thanks 2

I try to get it but it cut me off and say no longer available during purchase. then every time I try it say unavailable or no longer available

So I change my location to USA and it available again, but don't know whether to risk it in case they get my money and I don't get item

Don't know why they care about location it's a download not shipping

Edited by ShitStick

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

It expires?

Yes...Acronis True Image is like a Subscription...you get all updates and upgrades for 1 year.
So, if you had 2020, and it expired in Oct., after Oct you would no longer get updates
or upgrades...