iRig Asio Driver with Cakewalk

Quark

Hi there,
I am using a iRig HD2 and Cakewalk (Bandlab). Initially I worked with Asio4all, but the connection dropped out frequently, even at high sample rates (same problem in the Amplitube console ) . I've then changed to the new "iRig Asio driver" and it works very well in the Amplitube console in Cubase or in Reaper (at sample rate 128), but I can't make it work in Cakewalk at all!? I only get the message "unable to open audio device".
Thereby, I've set the driver mode to "Asio", the devices to "irig device in/out", and aligned the driver settings accordingly. Of course, I've closed all other programs that access the ASIO driver. Whatever I set, the Asio status in "IK Multimedia irig Device COntrol center" is ""ASIO not active". Thus, I assume that cakewalk is not accessing the driver at all.
Any ideas?
Thank you!
Marc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Im quite impressed I can put the latency down to 16 samples and it works fine here.

Yes 16 at mine too :)

But.. .I was maybe too quick.
When trying to record now I got the output from iRig in to the input of iRig when arming a track. So I got both line in and out to in... if it makes sense.
When using ASIO4ALL it behaves the way I expect it (sent this to Morten as well).

Could you have a look?

I'm using iRig Pro i/o and can't hear any sound through my headphones using ASIO on "playback and recordings" and Devices set to Input Drivers > iRig Device IN 1 & Output Drivers > iRig Device OUT 1. Echo/Input monitoring is ON.

With ASIO selected, the iRig Pro light goes green when playing (so there is a signal) when using the left channel.

image.thumb.png.f16009599c8fe4a1b73a436a1e7b2f84.png

image.thumb.png.1d73d6171e1949d324fd150824636f17.png

When trying to record using the iRig ASIO driver, I get this error:-

image.thumb.png.bf44eb1cdad181c501a7fc967db5a736.png

I do hear sound when setting "Playback and Recording" to WASAPI Shared (but latency is very poor). I also hear sound when setting "Playback and Recording" to WASAPI Exclusive (better latency, but very unstable - becomes very distorted every few minutes).

How can I get the iRig Device drivers to work with Cakewalk (they work with Amplitube 4) ?

Edited by Nick Maltzoff

Thank you Noel. Unfortunately there's still no sound. In addition, now the iRig Pro i/o signal light only shows a signal light for a few seconds after pressing Echo/Input monitoring.

I've updated the iRig firmware and the iRig driver, rebooted the pc several times.

The Cakewalk version running shows 2020.10 Build 075, 64 bit)

Any suggestions and would you know whether you've tested the iRig Pro i/o at your end (it's quite a popular device I believe) .

image.thumb.png.68886f2a45480d6140f3580e914c2feb.png

Hi Noel,

I'm going to return the iRig Pro i/o as their ASIO driver doesn't seem to work with Cakewalk.

Could you confirm that the Focusrite Clarett (solo / 2i2 / 4i4) ASIO drivers have no issues with Cakewalk ?

20 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Download the latest installer from this link. We'll be officially releasing it soon.

20 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Download the latest installer from this link. We'll be officially releasing it soon.

Edited by Nick Maltzoff

Hi @Nick Maltzoff,

I tested with the iRig pro I/O. It's working for me and @Kai Olav Fredriksen with no problems so it should work for you. Esp is it's working with amplitude. 

Please try the release candidate build 84 which has some more related fixes that we posted yesterday. In this build  you should only see a single mono input.

Let me know if you can't hear the output with this build and we can troubleshoot further. You can also play with the asio driver settings. Also make sure that your master bus is routed to the iiRig output.

If you're reading this and considering purchasing an iRig Pro i/o, I think it's only fair to point out that whilst the iRig Pro i/o worked well with Cakewalk with low latency, the Focusrite Clarett 4i4 that I subsequently received worked better as there was no perceptible latency whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Bas Feenstra said:

Latest version (Build 88) still doesn't work with the iRig HD2.

I am 100% my settings are correct and all is working fine in Reaper, Audacity, Amplitube, Guitar Rig 6 etc.

What to do?

Strange, it works perfectly with my Stomp I/O. I do think I have the HD2 lying around, I will check it and come back to you.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, Bas Feenstra said:

Latest version (Build 88) still doesn't work with the iRig HD2.

I am 100% my settings are correct and all is working fine in Reaper, Audacity, Amplitube, Guitar Rig 6 etc.

What to do?

Ben or anyone else still having issues with iRig HD 2 i let us know if this is ok in the latest build. The folks at IK multimedia have validated the build and it works ok for them so if you have issues please contact IK directly and they can help troubleshoot it.