Add just one new VST

Bassfaceus

without scanning all of them...which for some of us can take a couple of min or more.

hello all....stuck in stage 4 covid melbourne with 8pm curfews is frustrating enough

but having to scan all my vst ees to just add one is fairly irritating as well

is there in way around this?

Yes, both "rescan" options should be disabled. These options are designed to be used sparingly. Neither should be left enabled.

When these are disabled previously scanned plug-ins are skipped by the scanner EXCEPT for Waves.

I do not use Waves plug-ins but it is my understanding because of how they are implemented the scanner must scan them in addition to any new plug-ins.

Any VST plugins that are using the VST shell feature (like Waves and a few others) have to be scanned every single time you start if you have the automatic background scan on.  With a shell plugin the actual plugin is another file, the DLL the host (like Cakewalk) talks to is just a shell.  The actual plugins can be changed/updated without any visible change to the shell DLL itself, so hosts have no way of knowing if anything has changed.  So they pretty much all scan the shell plugin completely every time.  Wish they could make that an option so that if the shell date hasn't changed to not scan it.