Halloween, 1989 Me, suitably dressed for the gig

Robert Bone

1 hour ago, bayoubill said:

"What costume"  is what you'd here around my parts. Gators  possums  nutrias are common sites and it doesn't have to be halloween

In the past I always showed up as myself. I figure I Am scary enough as is

Nitrain.thumb.jpg.de7d8ac47db5afc434b1f03664749075.jpg

Hey, good luck with these storms coming your way.  Stay safe :) 

I created my own costumes in 90s for adult only parties.

1. A Fudgcicle (with drips of chocolate on my white pants, the stick)

2. A divot (with huge 10" golf tee)

3. Buttered toast 

4. Third Base

5. The cutting room floor (audio and film clipping with name tags like "The 25 minute middle 8 of Truckin'") 

6. A vibrator called "The Arouser" complete with a button to push with a buzzer attached.

The most compact was the cutting room floor. All the others were very "Gumby" like in size (i.e. at least a foot above my head and a foot on  both sides of me.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Americans have very strange ideas as to what a Halloween costume is.

I went into a costume store in the UK, but the girl said I had to go elsewhere for a Liverpool kit.  I replied "Sorry, but you misunderstood.  I want to look like a Count!😁

4 minutes ago, craigb said:

I went into a costume store in the UK, but the girl said I had to go elsewhere for a Liverpool kit.  I replied "Sorry, but you misunderstood.  I want to look like a Count!😁

Apparently they're all the rage with anti-maskers since it was announced that people with obvious mental issues  will not be asked to wear a mask by shopkeepers.

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I created my own costumes in 90s for adult only parties.

1. A Fudgcicle (with drips of chocolate on my white pants, the stick)

2. A divot (with huge 10" golf tee)

3. Buttered toast 

4. Third Base

5. The cutting room floor (audio and film clipping with name tags like "The 25 minute middle 8 of Truckin'") 

6. A vibrator called "The Arouser" complete with a button to push with a buzzer attached.

The most compact was the cutting room floor. All the others were very "Gumby" like in size (i.e. at least a foot above my head and a foot on  both sides of me.

Nice!

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Americans have very strange ideas as to what a Halloween costume is.

Well, it is just a day/night of fun - nothing more, nothing less.  When I went to the costume shop to look for a costume, that LITERALLY, was the only one they had that would fit me.  I am nearly 7 feet tall (2 meters 5 cm). With size 17 shoes (53.5).  I also happened to own a pair of green gym shoes, (given to me for working out with the Boston Celtics), so it all worked.  I had a blast that evening, as well. :)