video card

greg54

A LOW power one. GT1030, passive perhaps? As a matter of fact, my experience is built on maybe 20 or 30 systems, but it seems these days that integrated Intel graphics might actually work better for low latency operation. Just know that getting a GTX2080 will not give you any advantage over a GTX1650 .

If you want to hook up a 4K display, just make SURE you get a card that does 4k at 60 Hz will full color space. GTX 1050 will work great too.

R

Some video cards have a quiet version.

I use the Gigabyte GTX-1650 with “Windforce”.

There is another version of the same card with the same performance that has a different fan and is just louder.

The only problem with high performance vid cards from my perspective is heat and noise. They are often fairly quiet when they aren't being heavily used. Heat can cause other fans to blow but it can also cause your CPUs to throttle down so that they don't create excess heat. Latency is partially driven by CPU clock speed and slowing them down adds up to more latency. It's a bummer to push up latency because of a fancy graphics card you don't need.

My video card is used when I export video from Cakewalk and it makes the video exports much much faster.

Edited by Gswitz