my guitars are battered

Gswitz

All of my customs have electronics in them from Deaf Eddie (http://www.deaf-eddie.net/index.html) so that I can use my pickups as either single-coils or humbuckers.  Best of both worlds!

Tone options for my lastest custom.

Here's what my second custom had (the only one I had to sell - it went to forum member Space Cowboy who, unfortunately, passed away about a year ago - no idea where the guitar is now...).   Anyway, WAY more tone options on this one!

GaudyUpdateDetail.jpg

Just some ideas. 🙂

On 8/23/2020 at 10:39 AM, SteveStrummerUK said:

I think we'd all agree that dings and knocks are to be avoided if possible, but those earned 'honestly' are fine (nay inevitable for the gigging musician).

What I simply just don't understand is why anyone would part with their hard-earned cash for a so-called 'relic', or artificially 'road-aged' guitar.

To me that'd be like purchasing a shiny new guitar, getting it home and taking a sander to it.

Am I missing the point?

I don’t get people that purposely relic their guitars.  I agree, most are not realistic looking and look more like someone took a belt sander to the poor thing.  Kind of like taking a sledge hammer to a brand new car.  

I don’t have an issue at all with natural dings and wear.  

1 hour ago, michaelhanson said:

I don’t get people that purposely relic their guitars.  I agree, most are not realistic looking and look more like someone took a belt sander to the poor thing.  Kind of like taking a sledge hammer to a brand new car.  

I don’t have an issue at all with natural dings and wear.  

Some people do the same thing to perfectly good, new jeans too!  Dumb.