Help! - Bounce to clips is acting wierd!

Psalmist35

Hello to All!

Long time user since Pro audio 9 lol!  

This is my first post since being slighted by Gibson.  Anyway, I've still been using Sonar Platinum and recently downloaded BandLab.  Im working on a project for Frank Tanton (notnat), some of you might remember Frank, and Im trying to bounce to clips!  I've done this 100's of times and this really has e stumped.  Maybe my project has become corrupt.  

Its easier just to show the images that to write a lengthy narrative.

BEFORE:

image.thumb.png.9962c5ee688c25827237145daebe4501.png

AFTER:

image.thumb.png.a53fc5d729f2daf91027a46d81eed321.png

I turned off the FX bin, sends and everything I can think of.  Any thoughts????

Thx in advance.

Regards,

Rich

I have run across an issue before where after the ‘bounce to clips’, some of the original clips pieces are still left behind.  When this happens, the sections with the Extra original pieces  look louder in the parent track because of two copies of the same clip.  Look closer in the take lanes and move the bounced clip to another lane and look for hidden pieces.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome back to the forum.  To me the after bounce waveform looks like it has been normalized to 100%, which is definitely strange.  From your screenshots I noticed you have the automation lanes button engaged (it's lit), have you written automation for the track?   Maybe try bouncing without the automation lanes engaged?  Before the bounce did you have overlapping audio on multiple take lanes? 

I just tried something similar on my system by changing the edit filter to 'Audio Transients' on a acoustic track, moved some transients around, right clicked and chose 'Bounce to Clips' and the resulting waveform was at the same level as before.  There wasn't audio  on multiple take lanes and no effects in the bin though.  On your before screenshot it doesn't look like you made any audio transient edits so I am not clear as to why you were bouncing to clips from that view. 

Sometimes when I can't figure out a problem I insert a new audio track ( not duplicate) and Ctrl+ Shift Drag the clip to the new track.  Afterwards I drag any effects over and delete the original track.  Good luck!

Hey Guys!  thanks for the warm welcome and replies!

I believe my issues stemmed from a corrupt file.  The project originally started out in Sonar Platinum and I migrated it over to BandLab.  Long story short, I went back a couple of iterations and that seemed to remedy the problem.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Rich

On 8/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, 57Gregy said:

Hey, Rich. Welcome back. I can't help with your problem (still using SHS 6 mostly), just wanted to say hello.
I assume you're referring to the apparently louder bounce?

It's great seeing familiar faces!  You should give the BandLab flavor a try.  It's free and really a step up.  Plus, if you don't like it, you can go back to the familiar.

Great hearing from you!

I think it may look strange to you  because you're looking at the Clip Audio Transients view in the Before view and looking at the Clips view in the After view. It looks like the Audio Transients view markers are covering the initial transient of the wave. This would be normal. Maybe try viewing it in Clips view both Before and After. I would hope they look the same, that's  how it appears in my CbB.

Edit - Maybe I'm mis-understanding is the issue that the scaling of the wave form is different ? Is it possible that you have increased the value of the automation lane? I seem to do that and not catch it until the waveform re-draws.

Edited by RBH