Creating multiple MIDI tracks when inserting soft synth

acm

Hello! When I insert a soft synth like Kontakt that can receive multiple MIDI channels, I want Cakewalk to create a series of up to 16 MIDI tracks, and automatically assign them to each of the synth's 16 MIDI input channels.  Can this be done without having to separately and manually assign each individual track's MIDI channel? I swear I've done this before but now I can't make it work. Thanks!

-Andy

36 minutes ago, acm said:

Hello! When I insert a soft synth like Kontakt that can receive multiple MIDI channels, I want Cakewalk to create a series of up to 16 MIDI tracks, and automatically assign them to each of the synth's 16 MIDI input channels.  Can this be done without having to separately and manually assign each individual track's MIDI channel? I swear I've done this before but now I can't make it work. Thanks!

-Andy

There is a wizard for Inserting an Instrument that has some advanced options upon insertion.  I seem to recall asking for the same option you would like and the reply was to create a template (which I had done previously).  The current version (2020.08) has some improvements, but I think the advice still holds--create a template and use that.

I would be happy to find out it has now been implemented.