SoundClick

bitflipper

Just visited my Soundclick page this morning to upload a new tune. I hadn't been there in ages and since my last visit they've totally redesigned the site. Now I can't figure out how to replace a file with a newer version. You can add and delete, but not replace. Kind of defeats the purpose of posting works-in-progress for your friends' comments. Anybody know how to replace an existing song with a new mix?

I just did this yesterday, and it took me a while to find it. Go into the Edit screen, then click on the Music tab. Then click on the song you want to change. Then click on the Charts/Files tab. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see the Replace File option. By the way, you can now upload WAV files -- not sure how long that option has been available.

Edited by henkejs
Added information

Just testing...had to re-figure out how to post a link to a Soundclick-hosted song, too.

https://soundclick.com/r/s8e73k

This WiP began as a demo for tritik's new IRID regenerative reverb plugin, which I'll be reviewing in next month's SoundBytes. I used it on the piano intro (that's not a pad you hear, it's reverb on the piano!) and on the violin (the amazing solo violin from AudioModeling that I reviewed in May).

20 hours ago, bitflipper said:

It's a child window of the main page, so its URL is not the one in the title bar, and is unavailable from a context menu.

Must be different for you then. The play button is on the main song page for me.