2020.08 Save New Project as Bundle - nothing saved...

TheSteven

Using latest Cakewalk release.

Went to save project that I was working on today.
Attempted to save project as bundle and Cakewalk kept asking me to save at least 5 or more times.
Exited Cakewalk - no sign of project except menu item on MRU, nothing saved.

The do you want to save loop should have clued me in to check before closing project but was tired and not paranoid enough to double check.
Haven't used bundle format in ages after having corruption issues in Sonar but thought issues must be fixed by now and that it would make it easier managing the projects I'm starting.

Burned again.  Last time I try using the bundle format.

Edited by TheSteven

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC you have to save your project as a standard cwp file before saving as a bundle.

This is because all a bundle is, is your project directory zipped up into a single file... if the project doesn't exist, it doesn't know what to zip up.

I don't think that's accurate.  If it was, you could not use bundles as a practical way of sending projects to co-workers without mailing the project+audio.

In the olden times it was normal  to use bundle files. Now their vulnerability is rather well known.

One thing to notice is, that ( IIRC) a project including Groove clips can not be saved as a bundle. Maybe there are some other limitations, too? What puzzles me in the OP is that there was no message to give a heads up for possible problems.

It's also a good routine to launch the bundle file after saving it - just to see that everything works ok (and having the cwp saved first).