Odd Behavior with Start Screen

BigWhirl2012

In the past I could work on a project and when I closed the project (not the program itself but just the project), Cakewalk would default to the start screen. From there I could choose a recent project I've worked on, choose to start a new project, etc. Note, I have the "Show Start Screen" option checked. Now when I close a project, the entire program shuts down and I have to return to my desktop and click on the  icon to reload  CbB. I can then open a project but I don't want to shut down and reopen the program every time I want to work on another project. I've used Cakewalk for years and have never had it do this before. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I had the same behaviour a while back, My recollection is that it was caused in my case by the vst version of the VSCO2  free orchestra plugin. I eventually came across some blurb on the download site that the vst version didn't work in Reaper. 

I'd recommend looking into recently downloaded or newly used plugins and disabling them one by one. You dont have to uninstall - just rename the .dll file until you find the culprit. It could be something else causing the problem but plugins seem to be the best bet and the easiest to track down problems with. 

Good luck

Steve