Complete drum track won't copy

tdehan

I created a basic 4 measure drum track with kick and snare using TTS-1 drums set.  And then recorded over it adding closed and open hi hat.  I want to copy the 4 measures 3 times for a total of 12 measures.  However, when I try copying the 4 measures only the kick and snare get copied.  I've tried selecting all and that doesn't work.  How do I get ALL the drums in the 4 measures to copy?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, tdehan said:

I created a basic 4 measure drum track with kick and snare using TTS-1 drums set.  And then recorded over it adding closed and open hi hat.  I want to copy the 4 measures 3 times for a total of 12 measures.  However, when I try copying the 4 measures only the kick and snare get copied.  I've tried selecting all and that doesn't work.  How do I get ALL the drums in the 4 measures to copy?

Thanks

Are all MIDI data for the TTS on one track or multiple tracks? Select all the tracks that the midi data is on

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 12:01 PM, reginaldStjohn said:

It may be that you have drums in multiple takes. Select all and bounce to clip to merge them. Then try to copy the clip.

Correct.  I played the kick and snare first and then recorded over  on the same track and added the closed and open hi hat.    I don't understand what Bounce to Clips is all about.  I read the documentation and it's not clear to me how it works.

When you record to take lanes you are creating layers of clips on top of each other. Depending on your recording settings you can use these as "takes" where only one lane is heard at a time and you pick your desired lane at each time interval to create a mixture of your takes to get the best piece of each take. Pieces of a take lane that are not chosen are muted so that only one take is played at a time. If you bounce to clips this kind of midi track all the clips that make up the audible portion of the track will be merged into one clip.

If you have your recording options set to "sound on sound" then your take lanes will all playback at the same time.  However, underneath each take is a separate clip. The track only shows the top clip, or lane, in the track even though there are more underneath it playing. If you select all clips in the lane, by lassoing or select by time range then bounce to clip, it will create one clip where you can see all the notes from all the layers.

Edited by reginaldStjohn