PRV Controller Pane Not Labeled Right?

sjoens

1. Today I discovered CbB's PRV Controller Pane is not configured right for Pitch Bend.

Instead of -8192 to 0 to 8191 (as in older Sonar versions) it maintains 0 to 64 to 127 (same as Velocity).

The middle center point is there but labeled "64" instead of "0".

Request to return it to the previous labeling.

Edited by sjoens

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in this thread we like YES! B| As in, center zone, null zone, neutral zone, no up or down zone, for pitch bending should be -0- (zero), not 64, which makes no sense in pitch bending.

Sure it's useable as is, but why was it changed? All previous Sonar versions up to X3 had it the previous way. For some reason Sonar Platinum changed it to default with the rest of the cc's.

Edited by sjoens

• 2 weeks later...

I think @sjoens is talking about the actual PRV windows, not the automation lanes.  It actually a little weirder than that... if you delete all regular (0-127)  CC controllers from the view and leave only the Wheel controller, it reverts to the correct scale of -8192 to 8191. If you add a regular CC controller after that, the view retains the -8192 to 8191 labels even if you select and edit the regular controller.

The only thing that indicates the wheel (Pitch-Bend) controller consistently  when it's selected for editing is a dim horizontal line at the zero position.

I just dab Wite-Out on my monitor and draw in the correct labels 😉