DSF Sound Center Clavinet, Hammond B3 and Mellotron

All the samples are .WAV files. The folder(s) they are installed in are subfolders of C:\Cakewalk Content\Audio Library\Dimension Pro and in the root of the clavinet and mellotron subfoldes there are some .SFZ files. I don't know which virtual instrument I should be using and that's what my problem is. It's easy for me to move them to another su bfolder if necessary.

2020-08-21_11-11-34.jpg

2020-08-21_11-09-11.jpg

2020-08-21_11-10-24.jpg

Dimension Pro. If you have the old Sonar disks you should be able to install Dim Pro.

There are other free SFZ players available but as the files were optimised for Dim Pro there may be some differences.

The SFZ files map the WAV files. Dim Pro also had .prog files which would be the ones you would use. Do you see these?

23 hours ago, PittsburghSteelMan said:

I was using Sonar

Which version?

DP may be available from Cakewalk Command Center and your old Cakewalk account (if you created a single sign-on account).

The best install method is Cakewalk Command Center if their is a CCC aware installer, otherwise; grab the installer from your account.

The program files (files with .prog extension that DP uses for presets) are in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

I have the DSF Mellotron package.

The installer is Digital Sound Factory Sound Center Mellotron.exe.

The PDF in the for this installer says it is for Cakewalk Sound Center.

I remember building my own programs for DP and Rapture. Even through CSC is a DP and Rapture player, its .prog files are not compatible with either synth.

CSC pograms play in Rapture Pro and Session. Either of those synths is preferable to CSC.

I think I would try to get them working in Dimension Pro, or maybe even Rapture Session (which can import the  Dim Pro library as a player).

You should have a Dim Pro license in your old Cakewalk account if you had ever registered Sonar Producer 8 to X3, or Sonar Platinum.

[Edit] Rapture Session was included with Platinum as well the entry level and up Sonar editions of that time, such as Sonar Home Studio, Artist, and Professional.

Edited by abacab

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

Rapture Session was included with Platinum only.

I have started to forget what came with Platinum. Checking http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Comparison.html indicates Rapture Session came with every version of the latest SONAR  releases including SHS. Given it was intended to replace CSC it makes sense that it was part of the basic package.

To automatically pick up all the legacy CSC, DP and Rapture programs, Rapture Session/Pro must be run after installing all the legacy packages.

2 hours ago, scook said:

I have started to forget what came with Platinum. Checking http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Comparison.html indicates Rapture Session came with every version of the latest SONAR  releases including SHS. Given it was intended to replace CSC it makes sense that it was part of the basic package.

To automatically pick up all the legacy CSC, DP and Rapture programs, Rapture Session/Pro must be run after installing all the legacy packages.

Good catch there scook. Back when I was assembling the spreadsheet for Sonar plugins and what was included in each release I was only attempting to captured the top of the line bundles. But now I do recall that it was included in the Sonar Home Studio that was even given away as a freebie a few years ago.

[Edit] I corrected my earlier post about Rapture Session to cover the broader release in all Sonar editions.

Edited by abacab