Rapture

Stan Zizka

The current support email and the support ticket form  linked above should work.  They now direct to the BandLab support team.

If you cannot log into your old Cakewalk account or the Command Center, the BandLab support team may be able to help you.

Command Center still works, and the old Cakewalk accounts and download files are still available. BandLab owns the servers now, and hasn't shut off any access for previously registered users. However, no new registrations are possible. But downloads and activations are not an issue for registered users.

2 hours ago, Kev said:

Command Center is not needed for Rapture, just a registration code. Unless you mean Rapture Pro.

Rapture classic was bundled with Sonar X2, X3, and Platinum. If your source was only with the Platinum bundle, you would probably need Command Center.

Rapture session was bundled with Platinum, so that and Rapture Pro would need Command Center.

But if you had Sonar X2 or X3, the Rapture classic installer would still be in your download files at your Cakewalk.com account. That and your serial and registration code would still be available if you could sign in here: https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fMy-Account

I have X2, X3, and Platinum, plus a purchased standalone version of Rapture classic from the long ago days, so I see both options. :D

Edited by abacab

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Rapture classic was bundled with Sonar X2, X3, and Platinum. If your source was only with the Platinum bundle, you would probably need Command Center.

Rapture session was bundled with Platinum, so that and Rapture Pro would need Command Center.

But if you had Sonar X2 or X3, the Rapture classic installer would still be in your download files at your Cakewalk.com account. That and your serial and registration code would still be available if you could sign in here: https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fMy-Account

I have X2, X3, and Platinum, plus a purchased standalone version of Rapture classic from the long ago days, so I see both options. :D

Yes, my memory is a bit vague on this but it looks like you are correct. My "My Products" page shows 3 separate copies of Rapture:

Rapture 1.0 from 2007
Rapture 1.22 from 2013
Rapture 1.22 from 2014

This seems to confirm that the bundled copies of Rapture had their own registrations separate from Sonar and that this applied to Sonar X2 and X3 but not to Platinum.

When Rapture Pro (v. 2.00.2.541) was released I was not staying alert and did not learn about it until it was no longer available.  I would have paid for the upgrade to get the several thousand presets within the 13GB of samples.

'Hope CbB decides to release it at an affordable price.  I would buy it.

A review from Sound on Sound given in December, 2015:  

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/cakewalk-rapture-pro

Edited by Toddskins
  • Like 1

I never bothered to get Rapture Pro, as I already had Rapture Classic and Dimension Pro.

And now I can use Rapture Session to browse and play all of the Rapture Classic and D-Pro imported presets.

But it would be great if BandLab would re-release Rapture Pro.

For the most part I use Rapture Classic to do editing and use Rapture Pro as more of a preset manager.

Rapture Pro got off to a bad start for a variety of reasons.  While I appreciate that it was like Sound Center on steroids, it didn't seem to be the upgrade to Rapture that Rapture users wanted.  There were a few embarrassing bugs as well.

Anyone have any idea how/if you can convert a Rapture redeem code now? I have one from the Computer Music issue that gave it away but can't access the Cakewalk site to convert the redeem code to a registration code to install the actual software. I have messaged BandLab but received no reply at all so far.

5 minutes ago, Kim Leece said:

Anyone have any idea how/if you can convert a Rapture redeem code now? I have one from the Computer Music issue that gave it away but can't access the Cakewalk site to convert the redeem code to a registration code to install the actual software. I have messaged BandLab but received no reply at all so far.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to now.

There was a short time period after BandLab took over where you could still register products at the old cakewalk.com, but this was stopped at the same time new registrations on the old cakewalk site were disabled.

It's a pity, because if you had redeemed it at the time, it would still be downloadable for you (as with all the other old cakewalk products).

I hope BandLab get back to you with some better news.

• Thanks 1