VST Scan giving errors

Aaron Spencer

Question

So i had to uninstall and then reinstall cakewalk back on my PC because when i opened it up i noticed that the Studio instruments were missing entirely and i figured that might as well uninstall and reinstall it again because normally that works.

However after it is reinstalled it keeps saying QuickFontCache.DLL not found! 

Like i just re installed this thing because of a problem and now i'm back to this hell of a problem.

Annotation 2020-08-20 015656.png

Really need help because i don't want to have frustrations or mental breakdowns over this.

Edited by Aaron Spencer

7 answers to this question

QuickFontCache.dll is a Windows system library that lots of things allegedly depend upon.

This site has a variety of solutions, several of them terrible. (You couldn't pay me enough to download a Windows system file from any place but Microsoft! To say that's asking for trouble is an understatement.)

However, their method #3 ("Fix QuickFontCache.dll missing error with System File Checker (SFC)") suggestion is perfectly safe, as that will redownload any missing or corrupted system files from Microsoft. Too long to copy/paste here, go read about it at the link.

Before you do any of that, it might be worthwhile to run a full system scan with Windows Security, as well as a Windows Defender Offline scan. VSTs and DLLs just disappearing from your system could be a sign of some virus activity. It's certainly not a good thing!

It also wouldn't hurt to check the Windows 'System' log (in Computer Management, under Event Viewer) and look for signs of a failing harddrive/ssd.

And it might also be worth doing a chkdsk /f /r  on the C drive to find and fix any errors that might be present.

Have fun. 😬