Dimension Pro DSF Packs Not Loading

petem1966

Question

I recently had a computer crash and had to reinstall everything, including a clean install of CbB.  When I installed my DSF add ons for Dimension Pro, I had the attached error when trying to access them through the plugin and the standalone.  I tried the various recommendations I found online (making sure the dlls were all the correct version, etc) but none of them worked.   I've even completely uninstalled Cakewalk, cleared out the registry and reinstalled everything, but still have an issue.  There is one DSF add on that is working, but that is the only one (and the non-working ones are in the same folder).  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

CWError.png

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, scook said:

The only time I have seen that error the plug-in was trying to load programs (AKA presets, the files with .prog extensions in ProgramData) made for a different synth such as opening Rapture programs in DP.

Thanks, but these are for DP;  DP is part of the install as a matter of fact.

Edited by petem1966

On 8/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, JonD said:

Maybe a corrupt installer file?  Do you have another backup source for the files?

Also, wouldn't hurt to try "Run as Administrator".

I have them on CD and reloaded and that didn't work, even with "Run as Administrator".

On 8/20/2020 at 11:10 AM, scook said:

Maybe a compressed folder.

DP reads programs from C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

DSF create folders for their programs under this path.

Thanks for the tip, I checked that and the permissions and no go.

I might completely rip everything out again and reload.