Pay attention to those Windows settings.

kitekrazy

On one of my systems it started to compress the OS drive.  This was never checked before.  In fact I couldn't disable it without going online to find a way to do it.  Always review what happens in a Windows upgrade.   There is no such thing a set it and forget it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

On one of my systems it started to compress the OS drive.  This was never checked before.  In fact I couldn't disable it without going online to find a way to do it.  Always review what happens in a Windows upgrade.   There is no such thing a set it and forget it.

I noticed an option in disk cleanup that offered to compress the system drive to save space, but it was unchecked and I left it that way.

"Local Disk (C:) Properties > Disk Cleanup"

22 hours ago, abacab said:

I noticed an option in disk cleanup that offered to compress the system drive to save space, but it was unchecked and I left it that way.

"Local Disk (C:) Properties > Disk Cleanup"

I think with that checked it's suppose to compress the drive and not delete that space.

40 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I think with that checked it's suppose to compress the drive and not delete that space.

I agree. And you were talking about compression. MS has hidden a setting to compress the OS drive in disk cleanup, and that was the point I was trying to make.

It's probably just another Windows setting that you should be aware of if you want to avoid drive compression.