Sonar Platinum and Windows updates..any issues yet?

vuzz14

I have a  DAW PC running SPLAT, using it as a backup / bailout  music system if needed.  I haven't updated the OS in many moons, so I am curious if any of you good folks are finding any issues...SPLAT still running OK with the latest updates?  (Win 7 home premium 32 bit)  Observing any weirdness?

I have to say my constantly updated (OS and App..) main system running CbB works just fine, so again thanks Bandlab! 
Now if I could only download some real talent and some "number ones with a bullet!" 

It's highly unlikely any Win 7 updates will have any affect on SPLAT.

Win 7 is practically unsupported by Microsoft, with only security updates now being delivered.

Cakewalk Inc. was pretty good in writing a "well behaved" DAW - by that I mean it uses the Windows API they way it should be used, and avoids hacks.

I've got Pro Audio 9, Sonar XL, Sonar 3, Sonar 5, Sonar 8, Sonar 8.5, Sonar X1, Sonar X2, Sonar X3 & SPLAT installed  on my Win 7 32 bit.

All work without issue (well, none I've found in any case).

[Edit] - It's worth adding, I hardly ever use my Win 7 boot nowadays. It's only there for old projects that have had issues migrating (which I've all fixed now), and for the odd hardware synth editor that is 16 bit.

CbB works like a dream for me, with only very minor quirks that don't cause me any issues.

Edited by msmcleod

3 hours ago, vuzz14 said:

I have a  DAW PC running SPLAT, using it as a backup / bailout  music system if needed.  I haven't updated the OS in many moons, so I am curious if any of you good folks are finding any issues...SPLAT still running OK with the latest updates?  (Win 7 home premium 32 bit)  Observing any weirdness?

I have to say my constantly updated (OS and App..) main system running CbB works just fine, so again thanks Bandlab! 
Now if I could only download some real talent and some "number ones with a bullet!" 

Careful asking questions like this.  There are some among us who would accuse you of not doing the testing yourself.  I asked a similar question about  a month ago and "John" bit my head off.

Thanks for the responses. "Cakewalk Inc. was pretty good in writing a "well behaved" DAW..."   absolutely agree with this...I started with Pro-Audio 9..maybe even an earlier version, can't recall exactly...and dealt with a good deal of app architecture changes...like most of this smart community.  I do find running a Primary and Secondary model has some merit, particularly when a soft synth forgets it patch on load, at least I can reference the "B" system.   Hence the update question .

AND....Don't be an idiot like myself and forget to take the 2 seconds to document your synth patches  in the clip or inspector.  Sheesh...I really should do better....