Incorrect time display during fast forward and rewind

Let me try to explain again ...

1. Put Cakewalk into PLAY

2. Press and hold either Fast Forward or Fast Rewind transport buttons.

3. The NOW TIME continues to advance at normal play speed and does not reflect the position of the time cursor (but the cursor does correctly move according to the FF or REW buttons)

OR

1. Put Cakewalk into STOP at any position on the project timeline.  So the time display is stationary.

2. Press and hold either the Fast Forward or Fast Rewind transport buttons.

3. The NOW TIME does not change so it does not reflect the positon of the time cursor)

Why is this? 

I've been using Cakewalk for 25 years and I have to admit that I've never used either the Fast Forward or Rewind buttons! It seems like they are designed to work like a tape deck, only the time counter (Now Time) doesn't update.  When using the Now Time Slider in the Transport the Now Time is updated in real time.  This slider moves in 1 measure increments/decrements.  What I do is assign key strokes by binding 'Go to start of this measure' and 'Go to end of this measure'  to the comma ( <) and period (>) keys respectively. It's a fast and easy way to navigate a project, especially when recording with a guitar in your hand!  AFAIK if you want to move in smaller than 1 measure increments/decrements the FF and RW buttons are your only options.  Cheers.