Can not log in BandLabs Assistant

spacekid.90

Question

Hello there,

Lately, I have not been able to log in BandLab Assistant to update Cakewalk.

When I open BandLab Assistant and click "Log In" it buffers a little and then does nothing.

I tried uninstalling and installing the app again but it did not work.

Thank you,

spacekid.90

37 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Some people way not wish to change their default browser to Edge. 

This is why the Microsoft Edge Webview2 Runtime is included with the Cakewalk install, so that Cakewalk can internally log on to Bandlab to activate.

See:

I hate to tell you this but AFAIK, using Edge Webview2 Runtime was scrapped for technical reasons. I am not sure if Edge is a requirement, but I have it set as my default browser and have never had a login problem.

5 hours ago, scook said:

I hate to tell you this but AFAIK, using Edge Webview2 Runtime was scrapped for technical reasons.

That’s good to know. (Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with all the changes)

I uninstalled Edge Webview2 Runtime.  Opened up CbB, Signed out from Bandlab (from Help menu)

From CbB I then signed back onto Bandlab. 

As Firefox 99 Beta 5 is my default browser, this is what opened with the login challenge.

I entered my Bandlab credentials and this was accepted and CbB signed in

So I can now ditch Edge Webview2 Runtime and have Firefox as my default browser without it affecting my ability to sign into Bandlab from Cakewalk.

@Promidi

Thank you for clarifying. I'm sure you are right about Webview2 being included with Cakewalk, however for some users (like me) the install appearantly did not work as designed, leaving me with this problem. 

So for other people with this issue that just need to activate, switching to edge  temporarily might help you. I checked my installed apps and WebView2 was not installed as far as I could tell and if it was, it is not doing its job for some reason.