Can not log in BandLabs Assistant

spacekid.90

Question

Hello there,

Lately, I have not been able to log in BandLab Assistant to update Cakewalk.

When I open BandLab Assistant and click "Log In" it buffers a little and then does nothing.

I tried uninstalling and installing the app again but it did not work.

Thank you,

spacekid.90

15 hours ago, Promidi said:

Are you logging of with your Cakewalk credentials (recommended) or your Facebook / Google  credentials

Try uninstalling Bandlab Assistant then downloading from here and reinstalling - even if you do have the latest version (The latest version of Bandlab Assistant 6.00)

https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

Hi Promidi,

Thank you for your input.

I tried uninstalling and then downloading and reinstalling again (from the link that you provided) but it did not work.

' Are you logging of with your Cakewalk credentials (recommended) ' --> it does not even let me to that. When I press the green Log In button it just buffers and does nothing

BandLab login.png

7 minutes ago, spacekid.90 said:

Hi Promidi,

I tried uninstalling and then downloading and reinstalling again (from the link that you provided) but it did not work.

' Are you logging of with your Cakewalk credentials (recommended) ' --> it does not even let me to that. When I press the green Log In button it just buffers and does nothing

What didn't work, the Bandlab download from my link (which I just retested and it works from here) , or the installation from a successful download.

What version of Windows are you running.  Have you installed all the latest patches - including the latest Vdist C++ runtimes

The latest Vdist C++ runtimes are downloaded from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Hare you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus program

Have you tried running Bandlab installer as admin?

If you cannot log on , then the sounds like you have systemic PC issues (unrelated to Bandlab Assistant)

Sounds like you will need someone to physically visit to help troubleshoot your PC issue that is preventing Bandlab Assistant from working properly.  (Even if Bandlab Assistant is the only program you're having issues with)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Promidi said:

What didn't work, the Bandlab download from my link (which I just retested and it works from here) , or the installation from a successful download.

What version of Windows are you running.  Have you installed all the latest patches - including the latest Vdist C++ runtimes

The latest Vdist C++ runtimes are downloaded from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Hare you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus program

Have you tried running Bandlab installer as admin?

If you cannot log on , then the sounds like you have systemic PC issues (unrelated to Bandlab Assistant)

Sounds like you will need someone to physically visit to help troubleshoot your PC issue that is preventing Bandlab Assistant from working properly.  (Even if Bandlab Assistant is the only program you're having issues with)

Download and installation worked.  "Log In" does not work.  It just does the loading thing like in the image above and then does nothing.

I am running Windows 10 64 and I have the latest Vdist C ++ runtimes.

I tried disabling antivirus as well.

I tried running BandLab installer as admin too.

I tried starting BandLab as admin nothing happened.

You are right it must be something with PC even though everything besides BandLab seems to work fine.

I will try to restore the system to earlier point and see how it helps.

Thank you again,

spacekid.90

On 8/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, spacekid.90 said:

Hi Promidi,

BandLab login.png

the same thing happened to me

On 2/5/2021 at 5:58 AM, Caleb said:

the same thing happened to me

Hello Caleb,

Disabling the antivirus did not work but uninstalling it did the trick :) I don't know why. Maybe I should have disabled the antivirus and then restarted the Windows in order for the antivirus to become inactive? Could be..

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

spacekid.90

1 hour ago, spacekid.90 said:

Disabling the antivirus did not work but uninstalling it did the trick :)

Which AV was it?

I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with RT protection enabled and never had an issue.

I have also excluded all Cakewalk folders in Mbam

The thread is almost 2 years old.

Since the OP, there is new Cakewalk Installer that does not rely on BA and CbB itself handles updates and reactivation

BA is still needed to access BandLab loop content and activation of machines not connected to the internet but that is all.

• Great Idea 1

I have instaled CbB by no problem but when I open the app it ask for authorisation  and that is the problem.  Refresh within CbB freez everything and the other way go to Bandlab assistent   which after login openup " localhost" page only. No login.

So I have Cakewalk in demo mode. Any help ? Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Radim Smetana said:

I have instaled CbB by no problem but when I open the app it ask for authorisation  and that is the problem.  Refresh within CbB freez everything and the other way go to Bandlab assistent   which after login openup " localhost" page only. No login.

So I have Cakewalk in demo mode. Any help ? Thank you.

That looks like a Windows issue rather than a Cakewalk issue.  I have never had the issues that you have described.

If you go Start + Run appwiz.cpl, is “Microsoft Edge Webview2 Runtime” listed there.

This component is required for Cakewalk to handle logging on into BandLab to authorise without the need for BandLab assistant.

This is installed along with Cakewalk by Bandlab since 2021.1

7 minutes ago, Promidi said:

That looks like a Windows issue rather than a Cakewalk issue.  I have never had the issues that you have described.

If you go Start + Run appwiz.cpl, is “Microsoft Edge Webview2 Runtime” listed there.

This component is required for Cakewalk to handle logging on into BandLab to authorise without the need for BandLab assistant.

This is installed along with Cakewalk by Bandlab since 2021.1

Thanks, I will hry that.

@Radim Smetana hope this will help you activating 

Had the same problems, even after (clean) install/re-installs, regedit hacks and what have you.  @Promidi put me on the right track however. Microsoft Edge Webview2 Runtime was not installed, but I didn't bother to install it as I hoped that using Edge for logging in would fix my problem, and it did:

1. I went to my windows settings (just search 'default browser') to change my default to Edge (windows 10). I was using Chrome until now.
  2. Closed all browsers and bandlab apps
  3. Opened the bandlab assistent 
  4. The login prompt page is now opened in Edge 
  5. Login works just fine!

So, for activation and login you need Edge.  If you are only using Cakewalk and not the Bandlab you can just switch back your default to your favorite browser.

As far as I can tell Bandlab is using some Edge specific libraries, which I think is a no go - but if they really need this then they should make this VERY clear in the setup requirements.   

Edited by jschuitemaker

6 hours ago, jschuitemaker said:

@Radim Smetana hope this will help you activating 

So, for activation and login you need Edge.  If you are only using Cakewalk and not the Bandlab you can just switch back your default to your favorite browser.

Some people way not wish to change their default browser to Edge. 

This is why the Microsoft Edge Webview2 Runtime is included with the Cakewalk install, so that Cakewalk can internally log on to Bandlab to activate.

See: