tomorrow

ceakay

HI Kim.
Your mix is good.
I am not trying to be big headed here...  but I used to be a Pioneer DJ and worked for them for a couple of years.

You need to get out of the repetition (too much) and also add more dynamics and add breaks up or down.
You will not keep interest or your dance floor full.

But take heart... its a good start.
I suggest you listen to more tracks in your genre and listen too how they arrange them.
Take a pen and paper and work out their breaks and dynamics and their structure... then apply it to your own music.
not forgetting that you are unique... so dont have to copy...  but this style of music has a sort of rule.

Wish you all the best and good luck with your creativity,.

I like the riff, it's pleasant, it's a little ditty that has legs but you might be asking it to walk about 2 and a half minutes too far. I dunno. Perhaps it's a great start on something that might develop more of an arc.

OR, it might be great as is in the background of a video game. I could totally see it being interesting for that.

Either way, it's well put together and I can see you have a good thing here.

cheers,

-Tom

8 hours ago, garybrun said:

HI Kim.
Your mix is good.
I am not trying to be big headed here...  but I used to be a Pioneer DJ and worked for them for a couple of years.

You need to get out of the repetition (too much) and also add more dynamics and add breaks up or down.
You will not keep interest or your dance floor full.

But take heart... its a good start.
I suggest you listen to more tracks in your genre and listen too how they arrange them.
Take a pen and paper and work out their breaks and dynamics and their structure... then apply it to your own music.
not forgetting that you are unique... so dont have to copy...  but this style of music has a sort of rule.

Wish you all the best and good luck with your creativity,.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I am still new to music prod so im still learning :)

7 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

A very pleasant and relaxing listen - I agree with Wookie in that it needs some sort change/variety - perhaps a bridge.

Yeah, I agree too. I am struggling to add a variety of melodies that make the song less repetitive. I just learned scales,though(im learning the piano) and its been helping me make melodies in my song have a similar feel, but still different to make it less repetitive.

Edited by Caleb Kim

Caleb, you could keep what you have to make it a background accompaniment, then create a melody that you lay on top. Try and keep the melody notes within the chords in the progression.  And apologies if I came across as too negative in my previous comment. My copy and paste left out a couple of sentences.

6 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Caleb, you could keep what you have to make it a background accompaniment, then create a melody that you lay on top. Try and keep the melody notes within the chords in the progression.  And apologies if I came across as too negative in my previous comment. My copy and paste left out a couple of sentences.

It's fine (as in I didn't take anything personal. I just realized I made it sound like I was saying it was fine to adding a melody on top). I thank you for your criticism. It made me realize how repetitive my beats can be.

Edited by Caleb Kim