Amelia Earhart's Last Flight

champchas18

This song commemorates Amelia’s attempt to make a flight around the world in 1937. The flight was never completed as Amelia sadly disappeared over the Central Pacific near Howland Island.

Recorded and performed here by Champagne Charlie using Cakewalk by BandLab

Charlie, welcome to the forum if you're a new member.  This is a clever song with cool lyrics about an American icon that, perhaps, is no longer as appreciated as she should be.  I like the delay on your vocal, however, it is mixed in so much that it makes the words harder to understand.  I suggest that you try mixing the delay about half as much, and I think you'll find that it will do the job and make the words more clear.  Also, I think the instruments could come up a little in the mix to give it more punch or impact.  What works for me is the island-like vibe which could be a little more vibrant, but is colorful nonetheless.  With a few adjustments, this could easily be a gem!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Love the subject matter, and the song has a great vibe to it. I do agree with Lynn regarding the vocal mix -- while I could follow the words, it took a lot more work than it probably should, and that was a bit of a distraction. 

I'd be very curious to hear this with a modified vocal treatment. But overall, I liked this one. 

Rob

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1

I can't say that I have ever heard anything like this before concerning Amelia Earhart. For that matter, not sure any music exists about her specifically other than this.

I like the jangly retro feeling this gave me and wasn't  really too concerned about the delay within the context of the song but that's me and we are all different. I think the lyrics are nicely done as is the whole thing.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

My brain was trying too hard to discern the lyrics because of the delay. Or is it a doubletracked vocal that just sits out of alignment?

I dig the nod to history, and encourage you to wade a little deeper into some elements of your mix . . . the hard panned right tambourine (or hi hat?) got pretty static after a while. Some more drum fills in spots might be welcome as well.

That said, it's super pleasant with the guitars and the cool organ that slips in and out. I'd be interested in hearing the next mix of it . . .

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1