Uninstall Error

bmog

This has been a bad day for Bandlab Cakewalk for me and I am long time user. I wanted to uninstall and do a clean install when I try to uninstall I am getting several program data file missing errors so it won't all allow me to uninstall. I need help please and thank you

Cannot tell if the clean install process was used

If it was and failed as described above, the installation was pretty broken

Even if uninstall fails from BandLab Assistant (should never attempt to run uninstall directly from Windows, CbB uninstall runs from a menu in BA as shown in the image below), the subsequent steps in the clean install process remove the remaining binaries and configuration. At that point the reinstall is effectively a new install of CbB.

AcbBZK7.png

Keep in mind step 9 of the clean install instructions

Open the following directories and delete their contents: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk and C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk

deletes c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins. This will result in removing any 3rd party plug-ins installed in that folder.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scook said:

Even if uninstall fails from BandLab Assistant (should never attempt to run uninstall directly from Windows, CbB uninstall runs from a menu in BA as shown in the image below), the subsequent steps in the clean install process remove the remaining binaries and configuration. At that point the reinstall is effectively a new install of CbB.

AcbBZK7.png

deletes c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins. This will result in removing any 3rd party plug-ins installed in that folder.

Before seeing this post someone in facebook suggest I try the install so I did but then tried the uninstall and it failed with the same error. Take a look at the facebook post for the history of how I got here. Bandlab was working fine

38 minutes ago, scook said:

AcbBZK7.png

Sorry I sent this post to facebook, I hope this works if not I upgraded cakewalk, then upgraded some waves plugins and installed a free plugin youlean2. Next thing I noticed that a fully mixed track all of my eq and fx's were stripped of their values as if they were just sitting there. I was like weird, I tested an older version of the mix and things were working properly and then I got error "Cannot find or open file" and my settings were stripped again. That is when I tried to uninstall and here we are. I hope the links works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333570523387557/3252892631455317/?comment_id=3252948221449758&reply_comment_id=3253483064729607&notif_id=1597620768632724&notif_t=group_comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333570523387557/3252892631455317/?comment_id=3252948221449758&reply_comment_id=3253483064729607&notif_id=1597620768632724&notif_t=group_comment

Things were fine until I upgraded to the latest upgrade of cakewalk which went fine, then I installed a new free plugin youlean

Emailing support has rendered nothing but the same clean install notes but step 1 is failing can’t uninstall so now what ? Anyone else have a method to removed cakewalk? What happens if I remove  the suggested registry values with the initial uninstall failing?

With no help from support@cakewalk.com I resolved my own issue by renaming all of the cakwalk directories to oldcakewalk, moving my vst folder and deleting the following 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software

Open the Run Prompt again.

Copy and paste %appdata% into the prompt and click [OK]. On Windows 7, 8, and 10, the “AppData\Roaming” folder will open.

Right-click on the Cakewalk folder and select Delete.

Open the following directories and delete their contents: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk and C:\Program

Thanks for nothing

• Sad 1