RECORDING AMPS LIKE SPARK AND CODE VIA USB

Cannimagine

This seems like it should be really simple but is not for me. I can't seem to set up my amps to record through the usb inputs. I have a new Spark and Code pracctice amps that have cool effects and want to record tracks without using mics because I record a lot at night. I am using my Scarlet 2i2 interface, Optiplex i7 7010 32 ram and SSD. I have been recording with the Focusrite 2i2 drivers in ASIO but also installed ASIO4all. When I pull up audio in Cakewalk preferences The ASIO4all and the Focusrite have checks in the boxes but the Spark is light grey and won't let me check the box. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance. 

ASIO only lets you have one device active at a time. Using ASIO4All just puts a wrapper around windows driver modes so that ASIO can look like it is using more then one device at a time but it is really just using windows type drivers (WASAPI) underneath.  Having both installed (ASIO and ASIO4All) can cause problems.  To use your Spark device try un-selecting your other devices and then the Spark should become available.

If you need to use multiple devices at the same time then switch your driver mode to WASAPI shared mode. However, be aware that multiple audio devices are not necessary time synced to each other and can have different latencies and timing anomalies.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick info I'll give that a try. I have been using the 2i2 for everything so far with good results but when I got these amps with USB outputs I wanted to try recording from the USB if it can be done. So do you think I should delete ASO4all? I have also tried the headphone outputs but thought the USB would be better.