Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Stanton

Get Up and Dance

Posted (edited)

just a fun song

start with HookPad for the original 7 bars, then export the MIDI and tweak in CwB. master in Ozone.

698352205_getupanddancehookpad.thumb.png.fea4a013be936482be1e9f4eb9f25e78.png

get up and dance mixing.png

get up and dance master.png

Edited by fossile
adding process pics
  • Like 1

I looked up HookPad and I see it's a tool for writing music (looks like a good program). Seemed to work pretty well and the song is nice to listen to but it just seems a bit meandering to me. Just needs to be steered toward a more structured theme.  But as always just my opinion.  Thanks for posting.

Hi Fossile

Tried to have a listen - it does sound interesting, but i had problems playing it - it kept cutting out - very likely a problem my end - here in Africa things like internet can be a little hit and miss at times!

Cheers

Nigel

18 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I looked up HookPad and I see it's a tool for writing music (looks like a good program). Seemed to work pretty well and the song is nice to listen to but it just seems a bit meandering to me. Just needs to be steered toward a more structured theme.  But as always just my opinion.  Thanks for posting.

thanks for the feedback, yes it is somewhat repetitive - i used the same 7 bars over throughout, and just enable or disabled various parts to make it seemed different.