Angels

mark skinner

Thank You all for listening and responding to this post . I did a mild remix and tried to smooth out the fade better. I didn't have much material to work with at the ending , so I started the fade earlier. My final mix faded slowly and smoothly to silence , but sounds like Sound Cloud boosted and cut it short , but it still sounds better to me.    Thanks for the advice..     mark

• Like 1

@Mesh The nylon is a Godin LaPatrie Hybrid with a piezo and built in mic , plugged direct in . The neck on this one is Fantastic and not your usual fat wide classical style. Lots of different tones with the eq and mic blender. This was a $175. craigslist find in perfect condition with a thermally protected case.  I was lucky to grab this one before it was gone.    mark

3 hours ago, mark skinner said:

@Mesh The nylon is a Godin LaPatrie Hybrid with a piezo and built in mic , plugged direct in . The neck on this one is Fantastic and not your usual fat wide classical style. Lots of different tones with the eq and mic blender. This was a $175. craigslist find in perfect condition with a thermally protected case.  I was lucky to grab this one before it was gone.    mark

Very cool and nice deal as well. You got a beautiful tone on that track and inspired me to record my Takamine (classical acoustic/electric)….I don't have soundproof  studio to record in, so have to plug it in. If you don't mind me asking, what was your signal chain like (plugin wise) on this track?

Listening to this track again (while doing my work at home) :)

Thanks @Lynn , that was quite a compliment and always my intention when composing. This one just happened to easily work out . @Mesh There was absolutely Nothing special done. All tracks used Sonitus eq and reverb and sent directly to master. Hot spots were tamed using cut and fade. Everything except the cello was direct in.  No other effects , even no pro channel. Exported and used basic ozone on it. This isn't the way I normally work , but this was the "different" thing I tried for this one ..    moving on , "Thank You" to everyone ...  mark

• Like 1