MeldaProduction MSuperLooper launched at 63% off

Kal S

MeldaProduction's MSuperLooper is currently available at an introductory discount of 63%

List Price: $107
Sale Price: $39

MSuperLooper is the next generation multitrack looping tool designed for live performances. Capturing ideas and getting creative was never easier. It is quick, versatile and offers endless options.

More details here

MSuperLooper.jpg

Edited by Kal S

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Yes, that's when I bought it. Haven't used it yet though 🤔

So you need to use it otherwise you will feel like you have dropped your money away. ;) 

BTW is anything this thing can provide what cannot be done in DAW?

34 minutes ago, Piotr said:

So you need to use it otherwise you will feel like you have dropped your money away. ;) 

Oh is that how it works :) 

34 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I think that's why I haven't used it yet. That and having too much fun with Unify!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

As the name implies it's a looper or can be used as one. AFAIK CbB doesn't do sound on sound audio recording and doesn't have a looper. I used an echoplex digital pro for years, but it is mono and when I wanted to get another unit for stereo they had been discontinued. I got it to use a single track and overdub. I use it for sketching out ideas or practicing. One thing that's nice about the EDP is that when you overdub it reduces the level of the looped audio - that's a nice feature, but doesn't seem available on MSuperLooper - it provides a limiter instead, unless I've over looked it.

• Thanks 1

Isn't looping tracks in Matrix View in Cakewalk the same thing? I can loop all kinds of samples together and have them all in sync too and Groove clip functions are enabled automatically, meaning I can have some samples that are slightly above or below the project BPM and it automatically adjusts it so it syncs up with the rest of the samples. Also all of this happens in real time! I can make a complete song with just samples and Matrix View live!

I have not looked in depth at what MSuperLooper is at all and don't have the plugin. Just going by first impressions and assumptions. 😛 

I just saw a trailer for MSuperLooper (as I was making this post) and it looks cool. Looks like a virtual live looping machine. Cool if you want to make live performances on the fly. The new Akai MPC Beats just came to mind though, which essentially does the same thing regarding live recording loops and recording over the same track....and it's FREE! Also for both Cakewalk and MPC beats you can add FX. Although for Cakewalk it's more powerful and you can add FX and FX chains to each individual loop as it automatically becomes it's own track in the Track View!

Here's an example of me using the Matrix View. It only took me a few minutes to put everything together. No automation, FX, or anything special (although you could use that if you wanted to). All I did was added samples from the media browser directly to the Matrix View and worked there only and this is what came up. Each cell is a sample being played back. Some are longer than others, and some have different timings. But everything gets intelligently synced as I play each column. Notice how the main melodies and beats seem to be uninterrupted and play smoothly throughout the whole song even though I am actually playing multiple tracks column by column. Of course it is impossible for me to time every second perfectly by hand, the Matrix View does that automatically for me. ;)

I probably got a bit carried away with this post, lol. In the end, MSuperLooper is cool. But not needed since there are alternative free options that do the same thing.

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mesh said:

This might be the next step for me......downloading the Demo. :)

Worth watching some of the recent (last couple of months) Livestreams Mesh. John's way of demoing it just gets you hooked. Cloud City is also a great addon library also from their website. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

Worth watching some of the recent (last couple of months) Livestreams Mesh. John's way of demoing it just gets you hooked. Cloud City is also a great addon library also from their website. 

You're absolutely right and his videos cost me $79 :) .

This is a phenomenal/fantastic plugin.   Wonder how Unify    would respond     with MIDI Guitar....sky's the limit.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mesh said:

You're absolutely right and his videos cost me $79 :) .

This is a phenomenal/fantastic plugin.   Wonder how Unify    would respond     with MIDI Guitar....sky's the limit.  

Great idea! With John behind it I firmly believe the sky literally IS the limit!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, rsinger said:

One thing that's nice about the EDP is that when you overdub it reduces the level of the looped audio - that's a nice feature, but doesn't seem available on MSuperLooper - it provides a limiter instead, unless I've over looked it.

I over looked it. Nice.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, Hillmy said:

Isn't looping tracks in Matrix View in Cakewalk the same thing? I can loop all kinds of samples together and have them all in sync too and Groove clip functions are enabled automatically, meaning I can have some samples that are slightly above or below the project BPM and it automatically adjusts it so it syncs up with the rest of the samples. Also all of this happens in real time! I can make a complete song with just samples and Matrix View live!

. . . 

I probably got a bit carried away with this post, lol. In the end, MSuperLooper is cool. But not needed since there are alternative free options that do the same thing.

I haven't used MSuperLooper, but my understanding is (correct me if I am wrong) that you can create and manipulate loops in real time. Your demo of the Matrix is nice, but my understanding is (correct me if I am wrong) you are using pre-made loops.

I am aware of Ambiloop and Mobius and seem to recall I tried to integrate them into a workflow with Sonar/Cakewalk a few years back, but it was cumbersome (and I am not sure I was able to make the integration I was striving for).

Again, I haven't used MSuperLooper or tried to integrate it into a workflow with Cakewalk, but based on the videos posted in the forum when it was announced as new  lead me to believe (1) it can be used to real time creation and manipulation of loops and (2) it can be integrated into various Cakewalk workflows.

I am probably months away from trying it myself, but if I do and find out it doesn't work as shown in the videos, I will report my efforts and lack of success.

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

I haven't used MSuperLooper, but my understanding is (correct me if I am wrong) that you can create and manipulate loops in real time. Your demo of the Matrix is nice, but my understanding is (correct me if I am wrong) you are using pre-made loops.

I am aware of Ambiloop and Mobius and seem to recall I tried to integrate them into a workflow with Sonar/Cakewalk a few years back, but it was cumbersome (and I am not sure I was able to make the integration I was striving for).

Again, I haven't used MSuperLooper or tried to integrate it into a workflow with Cakewalk, but based on the videos posted in the forum when it was announced as new  lead me to believe (1) it can be used to real time creation and manipulation of loops and (2) it can be integrated into various Cakewalk workflows.

I am probably months away from trying it myself, but if I do and find out it doesn't work as shown in the videos, I will report my efforts and lack of success.

I did mention MPC Beats for live creation of loops. Not Cakewalk. You can make loops in MCP Beats then use them in Cakewalk. Also Cakewalk is so much better today then it ever was before!

9 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I did mention MPC Beats for live creation of loops. Not Cakewalk. You can make loops in MCP Beats then use them in Cakewalk. Also Cakewalk is so much better today then it ever was before!

OK--I see it:

On 8/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, Hillmy said:

The new Akai MPC Beats just came to mind though, which essentially does the same thing regarding live recording loops and recording over the same track....and it's FREE!

I had MSuperLooper before MPC Beats; when I get around to trying a live loop creation workflow, I will also give MPC Beats a try.  Of course by then, some new ones might come along! 

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

OK--I see it:

I had MSuperLooper before MPC Beats; when I get around to trying a live loop creation workflow, I will also give MPC Beats a try.  Of course by then, some new ones might come along! 

Keep in mind that I didn't say MSuperLooper was bad. I just pointed out that it's not necessary because there are free alternatives (more than what I already mentioned actually). If you already have MSuperLooper then I don't see why you need alternatives. 😛

• Great Idea 1