VSTi which appears in "Audio fx" and not in "Instrument"

Nicolas

Hi, I have a mystery for you : I have an old virtual synth (sampletron) that works great in standalone ... but refuses to appear with my other VST instruments in CW. Because curiously, it is "stuck" in the "Audio fx" column (with the reverbs and co. See image). Obviously, the files are placed in the right place (prog file / CW / vst). I cannot find the origin of this "migration". Has anyone seen this before ? and incidentally, how to get out of it ? Thank you !

CW gestionnaire.PNG

Go into Cakewalk Plugin Manager, and find the plugin within VST effects.

Then click on Plugin Properties and make sure "Configure as synth" is checked:
image.png.1eec2ed54e9a991b0d8aa972466ac7d3.png

You'll need to come out of plugin manager completely and re-open it for it to pick up this change.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

IIRC, SampleTron is an old XP-era IKM plug-in. It is probably trying to access a protected part of the registry.

If you cannot figure out what part of the registry the plug-in is attempting to access and modify its permissions you will have to run CbB as administrator.

A better solution is replace outdated, unsupported plug-ins with current and supported products. Updating everything except a few plug-ins and expecting these plug-ins to perform as they did when they were actively maintained by their manufacturers is not reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...