Vengeance Sound VPS Avenger Synth (20% 0ff)

Kal S

Vengeance Sound VPS Avenger Synth is at 20% off.

It features:

Up to 8 OSC Modules
Up to 8 ARP Modules
Up to 8 Step SQ Modules
Up to 8 Mod Envelope Modules
Up to 8 Pitch Envelope Modules
Up to 4 AMP Modules
Up to 4 FILTER Modules Master Filter Module
Up to 4 SHAPER Modules
Up to 4 LFO Modules
Drum Sequencer
Unique New Modmatrix System
Up to 6 Free Routable FX Busses
Wavetable Envelope / Editor
And more

Computer Music says: "Totally inspiring, utterly absorbing, ridiculously versatile and sounding phenomenal. VPS Avenger is quite unlike any other synth out there."

More details on the deal here

Avenger.jpg

Edited by Kal S
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’ve been eying this one for some time now. Strong sonic signature. Still, I read version 2 is in the works. And it’s still a spensif one. 

It's also on my list Fleer and comes highly recommended. Trying the demo. 

Also on my list are Parawave Rapid (sale ends tomorrow), Dune 3 (not currently on sale but the demo is stunningly good) and U-HE Diva. Any thoughts on those Fleer? 

Edited by ZincT

Diva is simply ... divine. Used to be too CPU intensive but not anymore with a mid range contemporary computer. Then again, if you have Monark or Legend I guess you’re set for mooginess.

But apparently Zebra 3 should be coming up and that could be the one to go for. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Diva is simply ... divine. Used to be too CPU intensive but not anymore with a mid range contemporary computer. Then again, if you have Monark or Legend I guess you’re set for mooginess.

But apparently Zebra 3 should be coming up and that could be the one to go for. 

Thanks, I will await Zebra 3 with baited breath!

• Like 1

I too have been eyeing off VPS Avenger, Parawave Rapid, Dune 3, Diva and Zebra 2... yes I have a major case of GAS!!!

The prospect of an upcoming but costly V2 upgrade is making me hold off on a purchase of VPS Avenger. That and a lot of users seem to take umbrage at CodeMeter protection. I have no issues with iLok but I don't know whether I should be concerned about adding CodeMeter to the system. 

Re Zebra, I'm just a geek who has been obsessing over synth purchases for a few months now, not a paid shill 🙂 but that said: 

U-he upgrade fees are not exorbitant eg Hive 1 to Hive 2 is only 20 Euro, and users who purchased Hive 1 in the previous 4 months before v2 came out received the upgrade for free. This is the kind of upgrade policy that makes me want to support a company, although I recognise it takes a degree of financial success to be able to do this for your customers, and not every company is going to be able to do so. 

People have been talking about Zebra 3 coming out soon for years. I came across a thread on another forum last night where a user in 2013 mentioned waiting for Zebra 3. Maybe this time it really is just around the corner, but it may be better to plan around whether Zebra 2 in its current guise meets your needs. 

• Like 1

While CodeMeter is kind of annoying, I think a lot of the complaints are a bit overblown.  Yes you do need to refresh your license every (I think) 3 months, which can be done painlessly with their V-Manager app (doing it by hand with the Codemeter apps was kind of difficult but I don't think new users ever need to go through that again).  Having to do the refresh does kind of suck, but other than that it's not been a problem for me.  I don't have the CodeMeter dongle (nor do I plan to get one).  I understand Reason also uses it as well.  It seems to co-exist with all the dozens of other copy protection systems I have on this machine pretty effortlessly.

VPS Avenger is a killer synth though and is mostly worth the copy protection headaches.  Though I know nothing about this next upgrade and what that will entail.  My gut feeling is 20% isn't really much of a sale though.  Off hand I'd say wait for a better offer.  But I do think this one is worth getting, if the deal is good.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly they did a 50% off before. And that next version will be an important one, at least that’s what I read. As for Zebra, I seem to remember you’ll get a free upgrade to Zebra 3 if you get Z2 now. 

• Like 1

i did look into getting this a while ago, but the copy protection and rumor of needing a dongle in the future turned me off to it. I instead got UVI Falcon 2 when they had a sale. Some of the reasons I got it besides the awesome performance and features: No dongle or new complicated copy protection (I already had iLok and that is what they use), FREE updates and upgrades to future versions, and the last one that convinced me was how good the free UVI Workstation worked when I bought a virtual instrument that used it.

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 2

I am in the preferred scenario where I have all of the synths mentioned here.  Basically thanks to Larry and to various sales that have occurred over time.

I can point out great aspects for each of the synths mentioned.  If I could have my druthers, and I did, I would get all of them when funds and sales collide at different points.

Each one by itself is a great add!  Not a disappointment in the bunch listed.

• Like 3

Antares Autotune has been on Codemeter for a while and it has caused zero problems for me. They have also just migrated the AVOX suite across to Codemeter which was great timing for me as it also allows 2 installs - one for my existing PC and one for my new one while I migrate to it.

Since Avenger is likely to be on a better deal nearer to BF I will wait for that one (although the demo is very impressive). I did pick up Rapid though as I think it's a major contender.

I am now trying to focus on "big hitter" synths so the next one is likely to be one of .... Omnisphere (also some great PluginGuru libraries for it), Falcon, Serum (maybe), Avenger, Diva etc. I can wait for the appropriate sales though - not sure if Omnisphere is ever on sale? 

Pad Motion also got some very positive mentions in the chat during John's latest Unify Livestream on Saturday.  He also demonstrated the awesomeness of Valhalla Shimmer

Edited by ZincT

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I can wait for the appropriate sales though - not sure if Omnisphere is ever on sale?

It never goes on sale.  The best you can do is one of the 15% coupons at Musician's Friend coupled with Musician's Friend's reward points.  But I think that only works if you are in the US., since they have to ship it to you.  (Guitar Center does the 15% coupons too but I don't think they have a reward program)

I suspect this year we may see some 20% off coupons at Musician's Friend around the holidays.  But perhaps with a longer than normal list of exclusions.  No idea if Omnisphere will be included, since it really doesn't go on sale.

Honestly Omnisphere is kind of overpriced.  It does have a nice library and some nice 3rd party extensions.  But it just doesn't seem to inspire me very much at all.

This year I guess I should pick up Serum or Sylenth.  Not exactly jumping at getting either though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, ZincT said:

Also on my list are Parawave Rapid (sale ends tomorrow), Dune 3 (not currently on sale but the demo is stunningly good) and U-HE Diva. Any thoughts on those Fleer? 

I have had my eye on Dune 3 as well. Seems to come highly recommended as possibly the best sounding synth today. Need to try the demo.

I have also tried the demos of most of u-he's synths, and you cannot beat their sound quality! My last demo was for Repro, which I may even like that better than Diva!

I have the cut down freebie one osc version of Zebralette, which is simple and sounds awesome, but never quite got along with the UI of the full Zebra itself, although it sounds terrific! Be interesting to see what a Z3 will be like (someday).

All a bit too pricey for me, and that makes deciding on ONE u-he synth very difficult! I also have the cut down Beatzille freebie version of Bazille, which is a lot of fun! Would welcome them all, of course!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

It never goes on sale.  The best you can do is one of the 15% coupons at Musician's Friend coupled with Musician's Friend's reward points.  But I think that only works if you are in the US., since they have to ship it to you.  (Guitar Center does the 15% coupons too but I don't think they have a reward program)

I suspect this year we may see some 20% off coupons at Musician's Friend around the holidays.  But perhaps with a longer than normal list of exclusions.  No idea if Omnisphere will be included, since it really doesn't go on sale.

Honestly Omnisphere is kind of overpriced.  It does have a nice library and some nice 3rd party extensions.  But it just doesn't seem to inspire me very much at all.

This year I guess I should pick up Serum or Sylenth.  Not exactly jumping at getting either though.

That's a pity. Thanks for the response though. I have given up with MF/GC as it's more trouble than it's worth if you are in the UK.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I have had my eye on Dune 3 as well. Seems to come highly recommended as possibly the best sounding synth today. Need to try the demo.

I have also tried the demos of most of u-he's synths, and you cannot beat their sound quality! My last demo was for Repro, which I may even like that better than Diva!

I have the cut down freebie one osc version of Zebralette, which is simple and sounds awesome, but never quite got along with the UI of the full Zebra itself, although it sounds terrific! Be interesting to see what a Z3 will be like (someday).

All a bit too pricey for me, and that makes deciding on ONE u-he synth very difficult! I also have the cut down Beatzille freebie version of Bazille, which is a lot of fun! Would welcome them all, of course!

I'm sure the Dune 3 demo will convince you abacab! Must give those others a try (Repro, Zebra 2 and Beatzille). I also have and like their other freebies.

Spire is another one that John Lehmkuhl keeps mentioning so may be worth an audition. 

I also have Pigments 2 which is great and I understand that JL is working on a Unify library for it.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

I’ll say that Omnisphere is absolutely worth it in my book, especially in conjunction with Keyscape and more than thousand shared presets between both. A lot depends on your sonic inclination. Mine was influenced by the guy behind Omnisphere when he made those wonderful Roland D50 sounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me it’s like why even fire up your DAW if you don’t have Kontakt and Omnisphere.

Those are the most obvious ones to have if you’re adding anything on top of what’s included in your stock plugins that come with your DAW.

Everything else is all well and good.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lawajava said:

To me it’s like why even fire up your DAW if you don’t have Kontakt and Omnisphere.

Those are the most obvious ones to have if you’re adding anything on top of what’s included in your stock plugins that come with your DAW.

Everything else is all well and good.

Unless that was just a rhetorical question, I could serve up a possible reason for alternatives to those two.

Some folks might prefer a lean synth or two  rather than purchase bloated samplers and hybrid sampler/synths with enormous factory libraries. Different preferences, different needs...

All good! 😉

Edited by abacab