Wasted Years

garybrun

I like it. Well played, and the vocal work is pretty strong, to my ears. You've got a really nice voice. 

I can't really offer advice about the mix -- this type of music is not an area I've ever spent time working in, and I don't feel qualified to comment.

But I really like the song. Held my attention all the way through.

Rob

10 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

I like it. Well played, and the vocal work is pretty strong, to my ears. You've got a really nice voice. 

I can't really offer advice about the mix -- this type of music is not an area I've ever spent time working in, and I don't feel qualified to comment.

But I really like the song. Held my attention all the way through.

Rob

Thanks for taking the time to listen and commenting Rob.
Appreciated. 

14 hours ago, freddy j said:

Beautiful song Gary.  I  too think that your vocal is excellent and carries the song.  BGV' would certainly add to what is already an excellent song.

Well done indeed!

Thanks for taking the time to listen Freddy.
I have band practice tonight and will see how the BGV goes.
I can hear them in my head.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sabby Brown said:

Love the message and sung with passion ..Godda agree with the 3pt harmonies on the chorus. Good one m8 👍

S

Thanks so much @Sabby Brown for taking the time to listen.
Im no good at harmonies and how to structure them.

If anyone would like to have ago...  Ill send the tracks over.

1 hour ago, Jim Fogle said:

I can't think of any 19 year old I knew back in the day that could write this song.  It take life experiences, or the ability to sing like you've lived them, to sing a song like this.

Thats true mate...  thats why I wrote it.

• Like 2

You play the piano, so just practice how ( say C ) ..sounds in E or G ... with a vocal done in C  and still running  ..hard to start but you have the voice for it .. there are other keys to suit ... play it on the ol' joanna and give it a try M8 

S

• Thanks 1