ARE WE LOVERS (Anymore ?)

SPAK

1 minute ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool tune - sounds like it came from the heart. I liked the vocal, and the mix sounded pretty good - maybe the bass could come through the mix just a bit more.

HaHa I thought it was too low in the mix so I pulled it up :$ ...On the remix I will bring it down ...Thanks for your valid comment

Whoa, great slow one. Vocals and bgv's especially, quite good. Some spots, the foundation chords clash with the melody, maybe 1:25, some synth holdover might not be in line with the melody? I dunno.

The drums seem a bit subdued in the mix, maybe somehow make some room for them.

But I thought the song itself was killer. Those bgv's particularly add a ton to the vibe.

cheers,

-Tom

• Great Idea 1

I liked this song a lot.
I would bring the drums up in the mix....

I would really like to have ago at mixing this song if you wouldn't mind sharing your stems.
Love it...  know exactly where your coming from too!

Feel free to contact me on PM if so.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Whoa, great slow one. Vocals and bgv's especially, quite good. Some spots, the foundation chords clash with the melody, maybe 1:25, some synth holdover might not be in line with the melody? I dunno.

The drums seem a bit subdued in the mix, maybe somehow make some room for them.

But I thought the song itself was killer. Those bgv's particularly add a ton to the vibe.

cheers,

-Tom

Many thanks for taking the time to listen Tom, I do take your point about the drum track ... in fact the whole song needs a kick up the proverbial to make it work.

I often do the bgv's real time because it feels more 'real' although with this song I am using a Voice Live Touch I've hooked into my Daw ... basically it's the lazy gene, and instant gratification I blame .....

Thanks again for the compliment on the song though 9_9

Best Regards

Steve 

19 hours ago, garybrun said:

I liked this song a lot.
I would bring the drums up in the mix....

I would really like to have ago at mixing this song if you wouldn't mind sharing your stems.
Love it...  know exactly where your coming from too!

Feel free to contact me on PM if so.

Sent you a PM

Steve

Hi Peter Gabriel :-) you just have to find your Kate Bush for the next one ...

Imho really cool sound . You are really a british guy.

cheers .

Olivier

( edit) : Don't Give Up 😎✌️

Edited by vilovilo

14 hours ago, vilovilo said:

Hi Peter Gabriel 🙂 you just have to find your Kate Bush for the next one ...

Imho really cool sound . You are really a british guy.

cheers .

Olivier

( edit) : Don't Give Up 😎✌️

Hi Olivier ... Pete here .. oh no ... just good old SteveB|

Thanks for your time and input .. not sure what your listening through 'cause for me I don't hear it, still I love the idea of working with Kate ....but don't hold your breath:D 

Stay well my French friend 😉

Steve ( and I won't give up 🤘)

4 hours ago, SPAK said:

Thanks for your time and input .. not sure what your listening through 'cause for me I don't hear it, still I love the idea of working with Kate ....but don't hold your breath:D

Hi ,

actually I had in mind the song" Don't Give Up  "and  I was telling myself that you could do a duet like this :-)

cheers.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, vilovilo said:

Hi ,

actually I had in mind the song" Don't Give Up  "and  I was telling myself that you could do a duet like this 🙂

cheers.

Oh dear I'm getting more stupid by the day 😜 Now I get it tut tut LOL

Steve

Hi, Steve,

You've got a beautiful romantic ballad here with excellent writing and playing, and the heartfelt vocals were really outstanding!😀

Great job on the well textured arrangement and the mix is clear, wide and totally pro sounding.

Dynamite work, Steve, top notch all the way!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

56 minutes ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Steve,

You've got a beautiful romantic ballad here with excellent writing and playing, and the heartfelt vocals were really outstanding!😀

Great job on the well textured arrangement and the mix is clear, wide and totally pro sounding.

Dynamite work, Steve, top notch all the way!👍

Have a good one,
Bob

Thanks for listening Bob.

I am knocked out with your comments, so thanks for that. I am a songwriter first and there a some really great musicians here that could easily do a better job,  (you included) so it's great to know someone enjoyed your work ... warts an'all 😏 

Best Regards

Steve

2 hours ago, James G said:

What a lovely song Steve.  Really like your production choices too, the ethereal backing vocals and the cool synth lines, just right.

Thanks mate,

As said there a some really great musicians here and it has to be said I scratch and cheat to get a sound that true talent would find easy .. no I promise not to quote your stuff as proof but, all I have to do ...is quote umm your stuff 🎸 😉

Best regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tune.  Your vocals are great!  You have a Phil Collins/Marty Balin quality to your voice.  The melody is something that could be quite catchy with the right exposure. Drums could be brought up a bit.  They sound a bit "foggy".  Maybe that's how you want them to sound if you're looking for a "dream" quality, which would work here too.  Overall a great effort.

😀John B

• Great Idea 1

22 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Nice tune.  Your vocals are great!  You have a Phil Collins/Marty Balin quality to your voice.  The melody is something that could be quite catchy with the right exposure. Drums could be brought up a bit.  They sound a bit "foggy".  Maybe that's how you want them to sound if you're looking for a "dream" quality, which would work here too.  Overall a great effort.

😀John B

On 3/15/2019 at 7:17 PM, Wookiee said:

Another nice song well created, you are aware the mix needs a little attention but it still sound OK as it is.

Thanks guys and your right about the mix ... I'll try out bringing the drum track up and a little fairy dust just to see how it sounds.

Many thanks for the comments