Update to SampleTank 4 (not a deal !)

simon

from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

What’s new in SampleTank 4.1.3:

-Fixed a crash on launch on latest Windows 10 versions
-Fixed a bug regarding fonts not being properly loaded on Windows.

Run the IK product manager to update - and if your system is anything like mine (and many many others) it will fail - so then find the downloaded file and unzip/run it manually as the Product Manager is broken...

And, NO, this isn't the problem OR the solution - there is something else broken.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1304&bu=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWttdWx0aW1lZGlhLmNvbS9mYXEvaW5kZXgucGhw

and asking users to turn of virus/malware protection for download folders seems a little crazy IMO - other software vendors can make this work just fine....mostly better !

it will also install the, now redundant, authorization manager because it's important that IK install as much junk on your computer as possible

/RANTOFF

:)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah, even the manual version of 4.1.2 broke my install on Windows 10-went back to previous version. Willing to give manual 4.1.3 a chance🙏

Ok, sigh of relief, 4.1.3 works, at least manual download.

• Like 2

Yeah I was a little surprised that I had to turn off my virus protection to install it.  I ended up having to reinstall it a couple of time to just make sure it installed properly.  I usually use Avast, but I ended up with AVG on the music computer and haven't changed it yet.

46 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

Yeah I was a little surprised that I had to turn off my virus protection to install it.

Have not heard or read about that. Where did you know about it? Is it a workaround for the installation process or the way Product Manager is working? Thx

15 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Have not heard or read about that. Where did you know about it? Is it a workaround for the installation process or the way Product Manager is working? Thx

Have a read of the link in the OP.

I think the problems hit those whose Windows 10 is up to date with the latest?

I've never had to turn off AV, not that I run or have any installed apart from whatever the built in one is called, and I think I have that disabled.

I have stayed back on 1903, maybe that is why I have no issues with the Product Manager.

Edited by ensconced

15 minutes ago, ensconced said:

Have a read of the link in the OP.

Thanks! So this looks more like an issue with the manager rather than the installation process, falls one would like to update manually.

And I'm too on 1903, not moving anywhere soon.  EDIT: hopefully...

Edited by chris.r