Unable to write automation using Softube Console1 and Console fadeF

Mr Matthew Gough

Question

Hi All,

I'm a very (19years) long time user of Cakewalk and never encountered a problem I couldn't sort out, but this has me stumped.

I'm trying to write the fader movements from my Softube Fader (I have the Console 1 MK II as well).

I'm familiar with drawing and recording automation for native CW features as well as available plugin lanes.

I'm familiar with arming  automation 'write' and 'read' etc

Whether I choose to 'write' the CW volume envelope or select Volume from the plugin for Console 1,  it will not write.

All fader movements aren't registered as soon as I hit play with 'write' enabled etc.

Other than this the Console and fader are flawless. For static mixing

I have even tried to add Console 1 (Fader) as a MIDI input device (which shouldn't be necessary) but CW reports that there is not enough memory as reported by windows and therefore is unchecked.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

3 answers to this question

I'm thinking of buying Softube's Console 1 Mk 2. Have you encountered any incapability problems with it? 

Thanks  

On 8/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mr Matthew Gough said:

Hi All,

I'm a very (19years) long time user of Cakewalk and never encountered a problem I couldn't sort out, but this has me stumped.

I'm trying to write the fader movements from my Softube Fader (I have the Console 1 MK II as well).

I'm familiar with drawing and recording automation for native CW features as well as available plugin lanes.

I'm familiar with arming  automation 'write' and 'read' etc

Whether I choose to 'write' the CW volume envelope or select Volume from the plugin for Console 1,  it will not write.

All fader movements aren't registered as soon as I hit play with 'write' enabled etc.

Other than this the Console and fader are flawless. For static mixing

I have even tried to add Console 1 (Fader) as a MIDI input device (which shouldn't be necessary) but CW reports that there is not enough memory as reported by windows and therefore is unchecked.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!