Izotope Nectar 3 for $29

kitekrazy

Are you sure it is Nectar 3 and not Nectar 3 elements. Has anyone downloaded and installed and run it? I don't have Isotope stuff how is it authorized? ilok or whatever. I would imagine you have to install direct to your DAW ie you can't download it on to a separate computer and then transfer it, is that right?

Edited by Tezza

Izotope has its own download manager called Izotope Portal. Installation is easy, and one license allows you to install on two computers. No ilock or dongle required. With full Nectar 3 you should also get included a license for Melodyne Essential, which must be separately downloaded and installed though Celemony  web site. No ilock or dongle required for that either. Again, if this is full Nectar 3.....it’s a steal.

@Tezza Yeah it looks like it is the real deal, when I follow the link it says that for me its a$327.29AU saving, I don't think  Elements would be $380AU, also it comes with Melodyne whatever.

Excellent bargain, no good to me, I already own the top tier of everything Izotope.

Edited by ensconced
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Note: This item doesn't currently ship to Australia.  (WTF, it's downloadable - unless they send you a box with a serial number)

I've read of some circumventing this obstacle by changing their location to the US in their account settings then checking out with PayPal.

12 minutes ago, Cat Schrodinger said:

I've read of some circumventing this obstacle by changing their location to the US in their account settings then checking out with PayPal.

Before ordering a downloadable product from there, I would like to hear confirmation from someone in Australia who has successfully payed for, and received their confirmed working licence.

Note: I was able to use a proxy server to trick the website into thinking I am in the USA and the "Add to cart" button then became clickable. 

As far as I know this deal was set to last through Aug 14. I was expecting it would end 5PM (AEST), but it's still active presently.

I know of someone in Australia who took the gamble. If I'm remebering right, they simply changed store location to the US. This alone was sufficient to make the 'Add to Cart' button clickable, even with the address in their account still being an Australian residential one. Once in cart they checked out with PayPal. This was around 2 - 3 hrs ago. They're still awaiting license delivery.

More discussion about this on reddit:

Correction:

where it mentions changing store location to the US, it should've simply said that the country was changed to the US. This was done with the usual drop-down-list type country selector. Aside from the country, the rest of the address specifics listed in the account were still Australian when this person added the item to cart and successfully placed the order.

Edited by Cat Schrodinger

You can change your country and the add to cart button becomes clickable but even if you pay with paypal you have to fill out all the address information and phone number on their site to get to checkout and your address will also be supplied by Paypal. You could put in a dodgy address I guess but there would be uncertainty about what would happen.

46 minutes ago, Tezza said:

You can change your country and the add to cart button becomes clickable but even if you pay with paypal you have to fill out all the address information and phone number on their site to get to checkout and your address will also be supplied by Paypal. You could put in a dodgy address I guess but there would be uncertainty about what would happen.

Yeah that's what I thought.  I would not risk it until someone on Australian soil has confirmed they have received a working licence. 

This is also considering there is another post on here where someone is still waiting for their licence 2 or 3 hours later.

I confess, the Australian I've talked about is me. I breezed through the order process surprisingly quick. So quick in fact that what I did is a little unclear in my memory now, looking back. I was able to add the item to cart and place the order without having to change my listed Australian shipping address or phone number which has an Australian dial code prefix. Initially I wanted to look at this deal and the order process just out of curiosity. But then one thing quickly led to another and I was surprised to find myself already at the final step of placing the order, which I then half-absentmindedly went through with. It all happened in under a minute. In all honesty my original intention didn't involve actually placing an order as I'd thought that wouldn't be be possible without using a VPN or fake address or something of that sort, which I had no interest in doing.

At one point I did change my country with the drop-down list country selector. I apologise, as I can't remember exactly when I did that part. But looking now my country is set to Australia. *slightly confused look*

It's all a bit of a haze and a mystery to me now as I reflect about it. Incidentally, my order status 4 hrs later is still 'processing'. I'll post here again if a license arrives any time soon.

10 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Wow! Great deal!

If actually can get it, this is such a no-brainer! This is a game-changer plugin if you don't own it.  It can be a bit CPU intensive if you mix on crap hardware like me, but worth every cycle.  It's a good one!

8 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Izotope has its own download manager called Izotope Portal. Installation is easy, and one license allows you to install on two computers. No ilock or dongle required. With full Nectar 3 you should also get included a license for Melodyne Essential, which must be separately downloaded and installed though Celemony  web site. No ilock or dongle required for that either. Again, if this is full Nectar 3.....it’s a steal.

Confirmed full Nectar 3, installed and activated.

Edited by DaGeek
  • Like 3