Old Song in New Ad

57Gregy

3 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Maybe both of you should get a barber   :) 

Well, Dave's not here but I'm sure he would mention that he shaved his head recently.
I'm retired and haven't trimmed anything since last November, and don't intend to any time soon.

The first time I heard the commercial I thought that was my song, but you can hear that the composer jazzed it up after the 3rd measure and it's a little faster. But the chord progression is the same, the sound of the piano is the same, heck it could have been sampled from my song. And today after comparing the 2 I hear that it's even in the same key.

3 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Well, after the successes of so many frivolous copyright lawsuits in recent years maybe you should get a lawyer.

Bit, I thought about those ludicrous infringement cases, but I may have uploaded it with creative commons licensing. I did that with most of my songs back then, unfortunately.

Still, the similarities are striking.

38 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

I've been dreaming of the multi-million dollar judgement  I wouldn't get!
Where's Slartabartfast when you need him? I know he's "not a lawyer", but he sure knows a lot about copyrights.

Are you sure that 'ol Slart isn't a lawyer?  His well-researched, concise answers make me lean towards the fact that he might be!  (We have a few attorney firms as clients.)

20 hours ago, craigb said:

Are you sure that 'ol Slart isn't a lawyer?  His well-researched, concise answers make me lean towards the fact that he might be!  (We have a few attorney firms as clients.)

No, but he often writes "I am not a lawyer" in his posts. 😉