Together

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of my album "The Westerly Sessions Vol. I".  This song is a bit different from my usual fare - it's really a duet, but I don't know any female singers, so I sang the female part on the harmony.  As always, any comment or critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14058132

• Like 2

More great Kirby from ya Doug.

A tiny crit, I'd put a high pass on the acoustic; that and the bass are creating a bit of mud in the low mids.
I'd roll it up until the acoustic is well defined and the bass is free to breath; just my nickel98, take it with a grain of salt.

4 hours ago, Sabby Brown said:

the reverb and drums are a bit hot

That's part of the Kirby sound... 😉

👍

t

• Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 6:24 AM, Sabby Brown said:

Your vocal sounds a bit like early Jagger ... some might think the reverb and drums are a bit hot but I think they make this song worth another listen .. I like this track a lot !

Sabby

Thanks Sabby - I'm glad you liked it and thanks for listening.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, DeeringAmps said:

More great Kirby from ya Doug.

A tiny crit, I'd put a high pass on the acoustic; that and the bass are creating a bit of mud in the low mids.
I'd roll it up until the acoustic is well defined and the bass is free to breath; just my nickel98, take it with a grain of salt.

That's part of the Kirby sound... 😉

👍

t

Hey Tom - I agree with you about the low mids after giving it another listen. I'm going to do another remix - perhaps today.  I appreciate your ears - thanks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Pleasant little tune Douglas, I do wonder if it just wanders on a little to long I did listen to the end.

Hey Wookiee - Thanks for listening.  I think I agree with you on the end being a bit too long.  On the remix I may cut out 8 bars at the end to tidy it up some.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Really like the chorus (and the rest of the song) - sounds 60s pop to me. As usual guitar is excellent.

Hi Bjorn - yeah, I don't know where this song came from - perhaps you're right calling it 60's pop.  I've never written a duet before, so it was unusual for me. Thanks for listening.