(not a deal) New IK Product Manager now available

Peter - IK Multimedia

Can I proceed with offline registration and installation of my products?

IK Product Manager requires an internet connection in order to authorize, install and update your products.

Hope you will keep that authorization manager for offline authorization as an alternative.

System Requirements

Windows® (64-bits)

So I won't be able to de-authorize my old Window 98 SE machine. I'll have to live with those 9 authorizations left.

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Looks nice. Informed me that there was an update available for MODO Bass. Downloaded OK, then it looked like it was installing the update. Got a message saying successful update.

NOT.

I had to find the download folder and run the update manually. Not sure what happened with the Prod. Mngr. but once it thinks it's run the update OK, it sits on the new version number and won't let you use the PM to rerun the update. So, manually it was.

It seem that I am an especially weird person (I know there are a lot of people on this forum that will applaud to this statement! 😄)!

For me the best installation manager is a zip file, because there I have full (nearly) control what components to install where and maybe later uninstall correctly (as I want it, without dead bodies everywhere in my systems! 😆). Everything without trouble, no plugin provider specific chaos and exotic ideas! I know, I am an old fart talking of yester advantages!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

Looks nice. Informed me that there was an update available for MODO Bass. Downloaded OK, then it looked like it was installing the update. Got a message saying successful update.

NOT.

I had to find the download folder and run the update manually. Not sure what happened with the Prod. Mngr. but once it thinks it's run the update OK, it sits on the new version number and won't let you use the PM to rerun the update. So, manually it was.

Same here.  I prefer it that way since I keep my IK plugins in their separate folder.  The VST installers do not remember the install location.

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If anybody having problems is on Windows 10, it likely has to do with something tickled by the update released just before IK Product Manager was out.  There is a workaround posted at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1393

Thanks Peter - good work support - I had just installed that update so almost certainly explains my issues. As I installed the updates manually in the end I'll await the Product Manager update which will hopefully resolve the issue

Just another suggestion for the IK Product manager.  Is it possible for IK Product manager to internally use multiple download sessions when downloading files from within.

Currently, if I download an update, my browser with a download manager can download the relevant files 2 times faster than if I did it using IK Product manager. 

I am on a confirmed 47 Mbps connection.  IK Product manager downloads at 2.1 MB/s whereas my browser with a download manager can downloads it at 5.6 MB/s

I just checked this with the Sampletank 4.13 update.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Thanks Peter - good work support - I had just installed that update so almost certainly explains my issues. As I installed the updates manually in the end I'll await the Product Manager update which will hopefully resolve the issue

That did it, thanks!

• Like 1

Can't update AmpliTube 4 with Product Manager. It just pretend to be updated. Also there is an install failed issue by Windows 10 security so I did manually launch installers.

And I realized for the first time that there was a deadline for downloading sound files with first using Product Manager and seeing Soudns tab. Already I have some expired sounds... Oh I can't believe that. This time-limited download is ridiculous. :/

5 minutes ago, HIBI said:

And I realized for the first time that there was a deadline for downloading sound files with first using Product Manager and seeing Soudns tab. Already I have some expired sounds... Oh I can't believe that. This time-limited download is ridiculous. :/

I think you can download them again but they make you pay !!

5 minutes ago, HIBI said:

Yeah, but I don't do that because I can't allow to pay money again for a purchased one.

it's not all bad news..........you get to download all their demos for free ......wether you want them or not ;)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, chris.r said:

So for the moment it's safe to assume that the Product Manager could be useful for a quick check if there are any new updates available, and not have to go manually through the Product page again all over?

Yes, seems to be working for non-legacy products. It's also good for doing the downloads but not the installs (for some !).  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

I think you can download them again but they make you pay !!

Yup, 2020. Data transfer is cheap and there are options they could use to distribute the content completely free if they really wanted but they choose not. Hell, they could add a download limit but the timed download thing is completely anti-consumer BS.

• Like 3