(not a deal) New IK Product Manager now available

Peter - IK Multimedia

Updating SampleTank to version 4.1.2 causes Cubase to crash.  Nice!

I had to laugh when I read that "General Reliability Improvements" was one of the items in the Release Notes.

Just what I need, more DAW pain...

It's a nice trade-off: my software is completely up-to-date, and it's completely unusable.

And SampleTank 4 is no longer listed in My Products.  So now I can't even fix this problem.  What a joke!

Edited by locrian

I'm very happy to see that IK is listening to user feedback and am looking forward to trying this.  I recently bought Total Studio 2 Max and love it but the downloading, authorization, and installation process was extremely time consuming and painful.  Not to mention the manual process for getting and installing updates.  So if this addresses that then I'll be thrilled.  

Reading some of the responses in this thread, I have to laugh.  Only in internet forums can you say you've released a free new improved product and get people dumping on you as a result because version 1.0 has a few bugs.  

• Like 1

It seems ok, done everything so far it has been asked, updated Modo Bass to the latest, updated ST4(SE) to the latest. The test will come when I purchase ST4 MAX from the group buy, see if it comes through without nixing my ST4 SE installation or my ST3 + almost everything ST installation.

The only thing is I wish I had 'Browser' like control of the downloads, but doesn't really matter.

So far so good for me 👍👍👍

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The MODO Drum installer when ran manually claimed a newer version was already installed, but that was a lie.  But it did let me continue the install anyway.

the MODO drum installer is broken and says that whatever version you have installed.  There is another bug in the installer too - if you choose to install just the plugin and not the drum data it warns you that it WON'T delete the drum data...then goes ahead and deletes it. You HAVE to install the drum data even if you don't want/need to.

They don't have the developer smartscreen licence (!?) and I wonder if that's why the Product Manager autoinstall falls over - it doesn't have permission to run (for some people)

11 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Apologies for being blunt but you seem to be emoting that you are happy to think you're seeing IK Product Manager "fail". 

Ouch ! - not happy about it at all.  In fact sloppy coding and buggy software makes me particularly unhappy - especially when you  have paid $100s for software. What makes me more frustrated is that when you report it and people say "you're holding it wrong" or "well it works for other people" - even though it seems others have exactly the same problems I reported.

As I say it's FYI - up to IK if they wanna fix/improve it.

(edit) - i see this isn't getting much love over on GS !

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/1321822-ik-multimedia-enhances-user-software-experience-new-free-ik-product-manager.html

Edited by simon

Have to agree there are some bugs in the installation/authorization coding. On my recent fresh system build I decided to authorize my stuff offline. Some response files came back with a garbage numbers and software didn't authorize properly. Not sure but I think it happened to Syntronik. Anyway I didn't try to fix it yet, if I get it right I can open my Syntronik stuff in Sampletank, is that right?

I'll hold off with installing manager for now having concerns if it will fix my broken authorization of screw something that's working fine. Won't hurt to wait a bit for the next update.

I am seeing the installation issue, both Amplitube 4 and Sample Tank 4 have updates available. The updates download and apparently install, Product Manager delivers a notification to say the install was successful but still shows the the old version as current and the new as available.  Opening the applications shows they are still on the original version.

I have created a support ticket with a few more details. #1001380.  The product manager looks an major improvement so I hope (whats probably a system specific) issue is resolved soo.

• Like 1

Let's be fair. We have been asking for this looooong time ago.

Ok. It is not totally there yet, but it is going in the direction we asked. Let's be patient.

In my case it does update properly but it failed to install Amplitube, no reason given.

• Like 2

I understand development woes. I am excited about the eventual fix on this. I was one of those who took two days to download ST4 MAX off and on. This should help those kinds of issues a LOT.

I thought maybe I would get lucky with the new setup. Same issues as you guys. 

Not quite sure what happened. I really appreciate the intentions of IK to make the process better, but yeah it might be a good idea to put an "under construction due to unforeseen circumstances" on the site and halt further downloads. None of my products actually updated. All of them said they did. I tried rebooting after installation, reinstalling. Nothing worked. I advise don't attempt to download it until we hear they have this cleared up. JMHO.

Edited by Starise

16 hours ago, Finnbogi Ragnar Ragnarsson said:

The bookkeeping of the utility is a hit and miss for me. It only recognises recent products (ok then)  and shows Lurssen and T-Racks 5 marked as not intalled. That's incorrect.

It says it has update for Amplitube 4. Running the update fails.

There are other updates that I am not gonna bother to update with this utility.

Sound installation is also hit hand miss.  I have Syntronix Deluxe installed, it shows some of the packages installed, but they are all there.

This sounds like a specific Windows issue that the team was able to recreate (I believe after running a specific Windows update right beforehand, but that's neither here nor there) and they should have a workaround for you if that's the case.  If not they'll still be able to resolve that for you.  Same for others that seem to have a similar/same issue.

16 hours ago, Promidi said:

It works for me.  I successfully updated Sampletank 4.11 to 4.12 using the IK product manager

I am sure IK support can find out what's going on in your case....

Glad it works for you.  I believe a couple of people here who are having trouble might be able to get a workaround from Support until there's an update.  Support definitely can help, you are correct.

15 hours ago, Zo said:

Does it have a prefs for default location ? , this mightvbe the issuer for some ?

Yes, you can find this and much more great information in the IK Product Manager FAQ:

What are the More Options menu functionalities?
Find the “More Options” menu by clicking on the three-dot button positioned on the upper right-side of each Sound product. The More Options menu lets you set a different folder position for installing a Sound or the option to reinstall the library from scratch.

15 hours ago, locrian said:

Peter,

Would you please ask your developers to just show the products we actually own when we click on "Manage My Products"?  Currently it mixes what you own with stuff you don't own.

And it would be nice to be able to hide the scrolling product banner at the top of the Product Manager.

Cheers...

Yes, thank you for the suggestions.

• Thanks 1