(not a deal) New IK Product Manager now available

Peter - IK Multimedia

20200811_ikpm_news@2x.jpg

Downloading, updating, and managing IK software and plug-ins has never been easier.

Welcome to a new downloading experience!  We are proud to present the IK Product Manager - a free, custom-designed software utility that greatly enhances the user experience in managing their IK products on Mac/PC. It enables users to authorize, download, install, register and update the current versions of all their IK products from one central location, and includes convenient features for managing larger downloads and installations more easily.

IK’s software team reviewed popular user requests, and then developed an optimized solution offering multiple benefits for a range of user activities. The resulting IK Product Manager gives users greater control over their products via an easy-to-use, tab-based hub.

Click here to learn more about the IK Product Manager and to download it for free!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Does this replace custom shop?

don't think so - it does replace the authorization manager though

edit

and yet another way for IK to push more demos on you !!!

edit 2

and doesn't seem to work properly - there's an update to ST4 in the last couple of days (4.1.2) - it downloads it  - unzips it - says it's installed it but doesn't actually install it  (message in the notifications saying "sampletank 4 installed correctly) sigh

also doesn't clean up the files after itself.

edit 3

if you install manually - from the file that the Product Manager downloaded it installs correctly as you might imagine...it also reinstalls the authorization manager that the Product Manager has just replaced.

sorry Peter - not hugely impressive even for a first effort.

Edited by simon
  • Haha 1

It seems like you still need the Custom Shop. The authorization manager shows software like Amplitube but not your collections i.e. SVX, Slash, Orange, etc. T-Racks doesn't show individual plugs purchased. Arc 2 is missing in the manager. Over all it's less clutter than the 'my products' section of the user area. I like it but it would be nice to have everything under one roof. Maybe dropdown menus under Amplitube, T-Racks etc. Thanks for the heads up Peter.

Rocky

25 minutes ago, simon said:

don't think so - it does replace the authorization manager though

edit

and yet another way for IK to push more demos on you !!!

edit 2

and doesn't seem to work properly - there's an update to ST4 in the last couple of days (4.1.2) - it downloads it  - unzips it - says it's installed it but doesn't actually install it  (message in the notifications saying "sampletank 4 installed correctly) sigh

also doesn't clean up the files after itself.

edit 3

if you install manually - from the file that the Product Manager downloaded it installs correctly as you might imagine...it also reinstalls the authorization manager that the Product Manager has just replaced.

sorry Peter - not hugely impressive even for a first effort.

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you but it is working very well for many already, so I'm sure IK Support can clear up any issues you are having if you reach out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Does this replace custom shop?

No, Custom Shop is where you try gear or buy with Gear Credits.  This was not intended to replace Custom Shop - it is a download/authorization manager.   Note you also need Custom Shop running in the background when demoing T-RackS or AmpliTube gear as usual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sorry to hear it isn't working for you but it is working very well for many already, so I'm sure IK Support can clear up any issues you are having if you reach out.

to be fair Peter - I'm not really going to waste any time getting this working :) - more of a FYI

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Not sure why you installed it to even try  then, as eventually (and not a super long time) IK Product Manager will be the only way to download and authorize current IK software.

I installed it to try because I thought it would work .....and it didn't !

(not trying to argue with you Peter)

(edit)

and now no way to redownload software.  Just bought the amplitude max bundle but don't have the standalone installed.    No reinstall option and the website says I need to use product manager to download....

Edited by simon

59 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

eventually (and not a super long time) IK Product Manager will be the only way to download and authorize current IK software

umm that's no good, I prefer to install manually, most of the developers offer manual links/installers, so far only Spitfire, from all that I use, refused to offer manual links (and I use only one their product)

I'm not against the manager but there's a reason why most developers still offer an alternative for manual installation

1 hour ago, simon said:

also doesn't clean up the files after itself

looks like yet another forced manager that I will have to closely watch it's hands (and possibly clean after)

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'm sure there will be files available to install as a failsafe but this will replace Authorization Manager and manual installs (which we know nobody loves, based on SampleTank 4 MAX!)

be great to get it working properly before you pull the manual downloads ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'm sure there will be files available to install as a failsafe but this will replace Authorization Manager and manual installs (which we know nobody loves, based on SampleTank 4 MAX!)

Yes! please keep the files as an alternative, thank you.

Are you saying that if I will want to authorize a new purchased item from IK, I'll have to have this Product Manager installed anyway?

EDIT: What about offline installation?

Edited by chris.r

9 minutes ago, chris.r said:

umm that's no good, I prefer to install manually, most of the developers offer manual links/installers, so far only Spitfire, from all that I use, refused to offer manual links (and I use only one their product)

I'm not against the manager but there's a reason why most developers still offer an alternative for manual installation

looks like yet another forced manager that I will have to closely watch it's hands (and possibly clean after)

You still can, in the project manager I just changed the default download location to my desktop, you can then copy the downloaded files to wherever you wish, then delete the files on the desktop 🙂

• Thanks 1

Works flawless for me.  I am assuming this replaces the IK Authorisation manager  - I looked around on the IK Product Manager and, indeed, there is a place to register new products. 

One suggestion. 

On the home screen of IK Product Manager, those four items on the left (where is shows you the quantities of your installed items) it would be nice to be able to click on these to show the items you've clicked on.  For example, the bottom item is "update".  It would be nice to click on that to list the items that need updating (And on that list, clicking on the individual item takes you to that specific item on your IK product list on the IK website product area. 

Other than that, this is a mighty fine product manager.  Thanks IK!

29 minutes ago, rasure said:

You still can, in the project manager I just changed the default download location to my desktop, you can then copy the downloaded files to wherever you wish, then delete the files on the desktop 🙂

Checking with the website right now, good to have the access to user download location. 

No word on offline authorization though 🤔.