I STILL MISS YOU

Supa Reels

16 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Smooth !  You have a Very nice voice . I think some laid back kick and rim shots along with less of the am radio sound on the vocals would really bring this one forward.  Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks for the compliment about the vocal .. I have no objection to you D/L ing, and putting your idea into practice I think you have a point ...

Best Regards

Sabby

On 8/13/2020 at 7:13 AM, garybrun said:

I would have liked the vocal to be a little warmer

On 8/13/2020 at 7:41 AM, mark skinner said:

less of the am radio sound on the vocal

Is that an "effect" or the mic/signal chain?

On 8/13/2020 at 7:41 AM, mark skinner said:

some laid back kick and rim shots

I'm agreeing there.

That single note guitar gets to walking on the vocal a bit for my taste; but your song, your production.
And in the chorus all I hear is background vocals, for me, one of the voice needs to lead. but again; as above, ys/yp.

Fine piece of singer/songwriter work here.

So 👍's on that.

tom

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Is that an "effect" or the mic/signal chain?

I'm agreeing there.

That single note guitar gets to walking on the vocal a bit for my taste; but your song, your production.
And in the chorus all I hear is background vocals, for me, one of the voice needs to lead. but again; as above, ys/yp.

Fine piece of singer/songwriter work here.

So 👍's on that.

tom

Many thanks for your input, most of all your observation. I went back in the studio and tried a few things that you and Gary commented on. I find on the re listen, the vocal is a bit hot and I tried a remix on the background vocals and I kinda liked it so I think I'll try it another way with the lead vox fronting the chorus.  When it's done I'll post ...very helpful so thanks ..

Sabby

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

This is a cool song and I thought the mix was quite interesting - I really liked the sound of your vocal - the verb you used was just right. The mix is subtle and it works quite well for the relaxed vibe of the song.. Nice job on the lyrics as well.

I enjoyed the listen - well done.

Thankyou for the compliment and listening

Sabby

Good song - I actually like the vocal but agree the lead needs to be up a bit on the Chorus - I think with the backing vocals you already have that could sound really good - i know you have no percussion on this but I do think something, even maybe a shaker / tambourine might be cool

Thanks for posting

Nigel

29 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Good song - I actually like the vocal but agree the lead needs to be up a bit on the Chorus - I think with the backing vocals you already have that could sound really good - i know you have no percussion on this but I do think something, even maybe a shaker / tambourine might be cool

Thanks for posting

Nigel

Thankyou, encouraging and helpful, I am trying a few alterations with the comments given ...

Sabby

Very nice. Only listening on lappy,  but I agree that the chorus needs more of a lead voice. I'm 50:50 re the reverb - on the one hand I like it, on the other I can imagine that dialling it back a smidge wouldn't do any harm. Have you posted before under a different name as your voice seems very familiar to me, but not the name?

4 hours ago, paulo said:

Very nice. Only listening on lappy,  but I agree that the chorus needs more of a lead voice. I'm 50:50 re the reverb - on the one hand I like it, on the other I can imagine that dialling it back a smidge wouldn't do any harm. Have you posted before under a different name as your voice seems very familiar to me, but not the name?

Paulo . . . "posted before under a different name as your voice seems very familiar to me"  . . . this is exactly what I was thinking ! He has a very distinctive voice, I won't mention who I think it is . . . kinda' like the TV show Masked Singer.

Anyways, all that aside, it's a great tune !  . . . though, the thinly mixed (or recorded) sound of the lead vocal really stands out as something to be fixed in this piece.

15 hours ago, paulo said:

10 hours ago, noynekker said:

Paulo . . . "posted before under a different name as your voice seems very familiar to me"  . . . this is exactly what I was thinking ! He has a very distinctive voice, I won't mention who I think it is . . . kinda' like the TV show Masked Singer.

Anyways, all that aside, it's a great tune !  . . . though, the thinly mixed (or recorded) sound of the lead vocal really stands out as something to be fixed in this piece.

Thanks for the comments I will go back and try a few things out, 'cause this song is worth it to me. The answer to me posting under a different name is yes, that's a very astute observation.Not a 'cloak and dagger' thing, I stopped posting early last year as my wife was diagnosed with acute leukemia and I didn't feel much like recording as you can imagine... she is in full remission now but I wanted to start posting under a different name ...a sorta fresh start as it were.

3 hours ago, Sabby Brown said:

Thanks for the comments I will go back and try a few things out, 'cause this song is worth it to me. The answer to me posting under a different name is yes, that's a very astute observation.Not a 'cloak and dagger' thing, I stopped posting early last year as my wife was diagnosed with acute leukemia and I didn't feel much like recording as you can imagine... she is in full remission now but I wanted to start posting under a different name ...a sorta fresh start as it were.

Good on ya for the fresh start:
I recognized the style and who it was straight away.  🙂

• Like 1