Saving problem

MagBass

This is why I avoid this kind of software protection. From an engineering standpoint, it's a textbook case of how NOT to create software. You're implementing a single point of failure - on purpose. Such software is literally designed to NOT do anything useful BY DEFAULT unless a specific set of deliberately obfuscated criteria are met. Imagine if other types of software worked that way, such as the code running under the hood of your car. Consumers wouldn't stand for it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks, Noel.

Was there a solution found for this? 

I never had this  sharing violation issue and I have used Halion/Sonic almost in every project. Now it does not let me save, this sharing violation is popping up. I am able to do a "save as", but the next time I open Cakewalk, I would have to re save "As" again.  So far, 20+ files for single project :)

Kindly let me know if there is a solution.  

P.S. E-licenser latest. Done maintenance routine.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am happy finding this thread as I faced the same Access... problem and having read all above I had the same understanding that the problem first happened these days only - since I bought my new Steinberg UR22C audio I/O and installed the eLicenser this week.

My PC is 3 months old, Win 10 regularly updated. Neither iCloud installed nor Windows cloud service enabled. No extra sw on it but the CbB and VST plugins. Also licenser for iLok (since the very beginning) and the eLicenser (right now). This PC is only for CdB. Not even MS Office.

10 mins ago I updated the eLicenser to 6.12.6.1282 build, problem still happens.

The saving issue is solved by closing the Synopos in the task manager but I also receive individual error windows, too about the Steinberg VST apps ('Sweet Spot Morphing...' for example). Interestingly these pop-up windows show up on the taskbar with the CbB icon (!).

I believe there must be something with the Steinberg things.

eLicenser.jpg

Synsopos.jpg

Hi Gang,    I've just started having this "Sharing Violation" issue as well, but only if anything Steinberg is being used within a recording.   I don't know how to roll back the Ilock installation in order to fix the problem , so am waiting for the rollout fix.  Its frustrating though as I love Halion.

I had too the same sharing violation issue.
Steinberg has older version 6.11.10.2272 of elicenser downloadable at https://download.steinberg.net/downloads/Archive/eLC_6.11.10.272/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

I uninstalled ver 6.12 and reinstalled ver 6.11 of elicenser, did a maintenance scan, and now Cakewalk can save my project without sharing violation.
This is a temporary solution, but now I can use Halion SE in cakewalk projets without issue.

Cheers, and thank you all for your help !
Marc.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Mick Moreau and @Tamas Erdosi I just PM'd you a link to an installer that Steinberg sent us. It should fix this problem.

Hi Noel,

Thank you very much indeed! I did not visit the forum in the last weeks but today read your PM and downloaded the pre-release eLicenser. Did a fast check and it looks like the pre-release did fix the problem.

Great help from you, no question! Highly appreciating!

Take care and happy recording!

Tamás

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes there is a new elicenser build from Steinberg that resolves this issue but as far as I know it has not been released yet.

I can try and get you a link to the build if you pm me.

Good day Noel

Could you please send the link to this fix?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Добрый день или вечер! У меня подобная проблема. не могу сохранить проект в формате cwb.  Появляется окно с надписью-"Перед сохранением в пакет удалите сообщения, содержащие потерянные аудио" 

Где находятся эти сообщения и как их удалить. Спасибо!

Your problem has nothing to do with the OP.

Consider creating new threads when posting rather than appending to unrelated topics.

In this case an image of the error message may help.

Keep in mind Cakewalk bundles are not the primary method for saving projects. 

Bundles are Ok for project sharing but not the only method.

The bundle format is still part of Cakewalk primarily for backward compatibility.