Humble Bundle - Your Sounds Your Movies

ZincT

Humble Bundle - Your Sounds Your Movies (<-- click here)

May be of interest to some.

ACID Music Studio 11 is included in the 11 GBP tier.

Video Pro X is included in the 19 GBP tier (currently 349 GBP on the Magix website). This tier also inlcudes VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum and SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 (the cut down versions of Vegas Pro and Sound Forge Pro).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm really confused as to why Magix now  have two different "Pro" video editors in the product lineup

Full Vegas not included in the bundle - but this product I haven't heard of before VideoPro X is (and accroding to the MSRP is the most valuable product in the bundle.  Not sure why they woudl devide the development base like that.  Anyone used VideoPro X?

Vegas (which just about everyone knows)

and Video Pro X

I remember discovering Video Pro X when I was researching the problems I had with Vegas Pro. I couldn't for the life of me work out why Magix had two such similar competing products and whether it would be beneficial to move to it from Vegas to fix my Vegas issues. Then Davinci Resolve came along and the rest is history. 

54 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I remember discovering Video Pro X when I was researching the problems I had with Vegas Pro. I couldn't for the life of me work out why Magix had two such similar competing products and whether it would be beneficial to move to it from Vegas to fix my Vegas issues. Then Davinci Resolve came along and the rest is history. 

Love Resolve, but it has one flaw.... incompatibility with older (and some very current) machines.  Other than that, it is wonderful.  

(Well that and the way it saves project files in a 'hidden" way is annoying, especially trying to transfer a project to another computer without using the studio on line collab functions.  

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

(Well that and the way it saves project files in a 'hidden" way is annoying, especially trying to transfer a project to another computer without using the studio on line collab functions.  

I only discovered this recently while migrating from my old PC to the new one. I had to manually export the projects on the old PC and then import on the new PC, then find and rebuild the media links. Also, I made things a little more tricky for myself by moving the GTX 1060 from the old PC to the new (leaving just Intel HD4000 on the old one). Afterwards I discovered that uninstalling the Nvidia card also removed OpenCL.dll which meant that Resolve would not start! Fortunately W10 keeps a copy in its file repository so I was able to restore it and then run Resolve to export the projects. The new Nvidia 3000 series are out in September with a launch event apparently planned for 1 September so I am trying to hang on for this.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:45 PM, ZincT said:

Humble Bundle - Your Sounds Your Movies (<-- click here)

May be of interest to some.

ACID Music Studio 11 is included in the 11 GBP tier.

Video Pro X is included in the 19 GBP tier (currently 349 GBP on the Magix website). This tier also inlcudes VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum and SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 (the cut down versions of Vegas Pro and Sound Forge Pro).

From a previous HB software bundle I have Soundforge Pro 12 and Vegas pro 15.

I just wonder would the VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum and SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 - even though cut down - be worth replacing the Soundforge Pro 12 and Vegas pro 15? The UIs def look newer as is the case with Acid Music Studio 11 ( Gone is the windows XP look :D ).

In my case I am not a heavy user of Soundforge or Vegas, I only use them occasionally if i eitehr need to edit a sample a bit or open very old vegas files from the distant past. 

23 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I just wonder would the VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum and SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 - even though cut down - be worth replacing the Soundforge Pro 12 and Vegas pro 15? The UIs def look newer as is the case with Acid Music Studio 11 ( Gone is the windows XP look :D ).

In my case I am not a heavy user of Soundforge or Vegas, I only use them occasionally if i eitehr need to edit a sample a bit or open very old vegas files from the distant past. 

I'm sure they would be fine for your usage Aidan.

A few years ago I used to use Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum before it became Magix and it was a great and easy to use package. I tend to use Audacity or Acoustica Basic Edition as they are free and work well and I don't often need to do WAV editing these days. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I'm sure they would be fine for your usage Aidan.

A few years ago I used to use Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum before it became Magix and it was a great and easy to use package. I tend to use Audacity or Acoustica Basic Edition as they are free and work well and I don't often need to do WAV editing these days. 

Yip .. I was just wondering in basic terms is there much diff tween SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 and Soundforge Pro 12? I have the latter installed all the time and use it .. Just installed SF Audio studio 13. In long run I wont need both BUT is there a big diff between the two performance wise etc?

BTW I went for the > €23 to get the lot. I find with these things that for that price, even if I dont use some of the software it can come in handy later on for upgrade prices vs buying new. Small money to pay for that possibility in the future

9 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yip .. I was just wondering in basic terms is there much diff tween SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 13 and Soundforge Pro 12? I have the latter installed all the time and use it .. Just installed SF Audio studio 13. In long run I wont need both BUT is there a big diff between the two performance wise etc?

BTW I went for the > €23 to get the lot. I find with these things that for that price, even if I dont use some of the software it can come in handy later on for upgrade prices vs buying new. Small money to pay for that possibility in the future

I tend to do the same Aidan and I am curious to see what Video Pro X has to offer. 

57 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I tend to do the same Aidan and I am curious to see what Video Pro X has to offer. 

Yes was always curious about VIDEO X .. will be looking at it over weekend and see. 

I am knee deep in noodling with CW and Reason 11 Intro as a plugin trying the Reason samplers PLUS also messing around with MPC Beats which is real nice with my Akai MPK Mini 2 controller kbrd. I really like the look of the new Akai MPk mini 3 kybrd just out too ..

Also have one of these arriving Wednesday from amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084BGC5LR/

A new AUDIENT product, the upgrade on this .. the ID4:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audient-18-90008-ID4-Audio-USB-Interface/dp/B0107YJU8Q/

Edited by aidan o driscoll

48 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yes was always curious about VIDEO X .. will be looking at it over weekend and see. 

I am knee deep in noodling with CW and Reason 11 Intro as a plugin trying the Reason samplers PLUS also messing around with MPC Beats which is real nice with my Akai MPK Mini 2 controller kbrd. I really like the look of the new Akai MPk mini 3 kybrd just out too ..

Also have one of these arriving Wednesday from amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084BGC5LR/

A new AUDIENT product, the upgrade on this .. the ID4:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audient-18-90008-ID4-Audio-USB-Interface/dp/B0107YJU8Q/

I also have HitFilm Pro from a previous deal which I use occasionally for quick renders. A mate also swears by CyberLink PowerDirector but they seem to be encouraging their subscription model so I am resisting that at the moment. 

I also picked up MPC Beats but haven't got around to installing it yet due to holidays and spending a lot of time migrating stuff to my new PC build.  I have bookmarked your posts on it though as a reference 👍 I am trying to keep the new PC uncluttered and only install things I intend to use (yeah, let's see how that goes :) ). I already had Reason Intro and that will make it to the new PC.

That new EVO interface looks very nice and clean and could be good as a portable unit. I know Larry (where for art thou?) used to swear by the older Audient interfaces.

6 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Those PRO version (though slighly older) are much more capable feature wise than the "studio newer versions"

The only thing I'd use them for is extra computers that are beyond your two install authoriazation limits with the PRO versions.    You may appreciate the smaller tool set if you are not using either with any seriousness .   But they are a downgrade, no doubt about that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

I also picked up MPC Beats but haven't got around to installing it yet due to holidays and spending a lot of time migrating stuff to my new PC build.  I have bookmarked your posts on it though as a reference 👍 I am trying to keep the new PC uncluttered and only install things I intend to use (yeah, let's see how that goes :) ). I already had Reason Intro and that will make it to the new PC.

That new EVO interface looks very nice and clean and could be good as a portable unit. I know Larry (where for art thou?) used to swear by the older Audient interfaces.

I feel your pain :D

I am transitioning my desktop over to a new ( second hand box I inherited ) .. core i5, 16gb Ram ..

Its PAINFUL having to reinstall everything inc all the bread and butter vsts and all that and then relicense them etc. 

Keeping the PC uncluttered :D .. yeah, mmm ... indeed, lets see how it goes on my end. I could see myself doing all this in a while again when I get the bobs together for a 2GB SSD to replace the 1GB Sata thats in this newer box. BTW I have tried ghosting and all that, it still is troublesome and can cause issues. Sometimes the long way IS the short way :D

MPC Beats .. as the advert says .. Im Lovin it :D .. got great creative potential and it finally gets you to start using all those sample libraries cluttering your harddrive that were bought over years :D

9 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

BTW  if you do buy this bundle .. a particular point about the ACID MUSIC STUDIO 11 - When installed go to the help menu and click on DOWNLOAD INSTRUMENTS AND LOOP COLLECTIONS. You end up with a crap load of extras to the tune of near 4gb of content.

You have to do the same with Acid Pro 9 which I already own. One annoyance with ACID Pro 9 is that under Options / Preferences / Folders the "Loop Collection Folder" option is present but non-functional (you cannot enter anything in it). So you cannot enter a custom folder to store the loops - @aidan o driscoll  I'm wondering if this has  been fixed in ACID Music Studio 11?

With Acid Pro 9 if you download the loops they get stored for installation in 

C:\Users\{name}\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

and installed in C:\Users\{name}\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Loop Collections

You can easily move these to a non-system drive and then add a favourite to the Acid Explorer to make finding them easier in future.

Looking at Video Pro X I notice that the Humble Bundle details say..

Note: No external plug-ins included. (No NewBlue Elements 3 & Ultimate NewBlue Titler Pro 6)

The MAGIX webpage for Video Pro X says that it includes...

proDAD Mercalli V5 Suite | Unlimited full version  

so despite not being mentioned by name in the Humble Bundle note it is ambiguous so I'm wondering whether that is also excluded in the Humble Bundle version. Any ideas @aidan o driscoll?

7 hours ago, ZincT said:

You have to do the same with Acid Pro 9 which I already own. One annoyance with ACID Pro 9 is that under Options / Preferences / Folders the "Loop Collection Folder" option is present but non-functional (you cannot enter anything in it). So you cannot enter a custom folder to store the loops - @aidan o driscoll  I'm wondering if this has  been fixed in ACID Music Studio 11?

With Acid Pro 9 if you download the loops they get stored for installation in 

C:\Users\{name}\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

and installed in C:\Users\{name}\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Loop Collections

You can easily move these to a non-system drive and then add a favourite to the Acid Explorer to make finding them easier in future.

@ZincT Looks like not fixed. The got installed under - C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common - Which I suppose is OK if being shared ad used by different win 10 profiles.

As in 9 it seems  the "Loop Collection Folder" option is present but STILL non-functional as you describe (you cannot enter anything in it).

I moved them to a new locations under Audio Data\magix\Loop Collections .. I just had one project done and when opened again I repointed to that folder and saved it, all now working again.

It is annoying that programs do this, putting stuff in places you have no control over during install. Another annoying thing about MAGIX is they download all the install software, install the applications BUT then do not clean up  after leaving huge install files in under Documents\MAGIX Downloads .. in my case eating up 10GB

9 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT Looks like not fixed. The got installed under - C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common - Which I suppose is OK if being shared ad used by different win 10 profiles.

As in 9 it seems  the "Loop Collection Folder" option is present but STILL non-functional as you describe (you cannot enter anything in it).

I moved them to a new locations under Audio Data\magix\Loop Collections .. I just had one project done and when opened again I repointed to that folder and saved it, all now working again.

It is annoying that programs do this, putting stuff in places you have no control over during install. Another annoying thing about MAGIX is they download all the install software, install the applications BUT then do not clean up  after leaving huge install files in under Documents\MAGIX Downloads .. in my case eating up 10GB

Thanks for checking Aidan.

Yes these things are very annoying and I would have thought quite easy to fix. 

• Like 1