Sonuscore's The Orchestra is on sale for 199 euros.

Reid Rosefelt

The Orchestra Complete Crossgrade is pretty affordable, if you qualify ($299 US).

I think you'd save money buying this, even with the sale price for The Orchestra and the upgrade price for Complete: https://www.bestservice.com/the_orchestra_complete_crossgrade.html

Update: never mind -- I just realized this Crossgrade is for owners of Strings of Winter...

Edited by Amicus717

If I buy the version on sale and later wanted "Complete" can you tell me how much that would cost? I would be down 199.00 US already. As I understand it the basic orchestra version does not have midi export. The complete version does.

I can upgrade to BBCSO Core for 400.00 total. It doesn't have all the arpeggios in it though it is a fine orchestra. If I get Complete for somewhere around 350.00 total that's not far from the BBCSO price....and Orchestra is only 6gb .  It's smaller than Amadeus which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12gb. That's double the size. Amadeus is considered a scratch pad library although it sounds good, so what does that say about The Orchestra? i don't mean to sound negative. Just thinking about this as compared to other options. 

The Orchestra Complete Upgrade $129 (at BestService)

https://www.bestservice.com/the_orchestra_complete_upgrade.html

If you already own The Orchestra and would like to expand the number of instruments, articulations and features? With this upgrade you can extend your orchestral colors and features even further and maintain the intuitive and fast workflow you are already used to. 

This brand-new complete bundle comes with 108 new presets - Colors / Rhythms / Animated. It includes and combines the latest version of The Orchestra, the complete Strings Of Winter and Tuned Percussion within the Ensemble Engine. 

FWIW I seen that this library qualifies for reduced crossgrade to full Kontakt. Kontakt stand alone is 399.00. Crossgrade is 249.00.

Would this be a reason to buy it? I guess if you're looking for an orchestra library it might be. 

I calculate the difference between buying Orchestra and crossgrading to Complete Orchestra at 330.00 US. Buying it outright is 399.00 

199.00 > 129.00 crossgrade. Not sure if they will let you buy the 1st and immediately crossgrade or not.

20 hours ago, Starise said:

I can upgrade to BBCSO Core for 400.00 total

I don't have BBCSO (any edition), but I seem to remember seeing that the full version doesn't run that smoothly on Windows - better so on Mac; things may or may not have changed.

If you were to move from The Orchestra to The Orchestra Complete, you'd go for the upgrade which is a bit cheaper than the crossgrade.

5 hours ago, Starise said:

Not sure if they will let you buy the 1st and immediately crossgrade or not.

I don't see why they'd block this, but you could always wait a week/month before doing so.

• Thanks 1