Cakewalk Step Sequencer Not Looping

David Wm. Sims

Question

I've used the Cakewalk Step Sequencer for years, going back to the days when it was a Sonar feature, but I've hit a problem that I've never seen before.  I'm creating a Step Sequencer clip that's a measure long and it plays fine when I loop that measure.  But, when I click the right edge of the clip and drag it to make it longer, the Step Sequencer lengthens the clip, but it doesn't extend the beat sequence.  When I the whole extended clip, it just plays the beat for the first measure, and the the rest of the clip is silent.  When I've done the many times before, the beat loops within the extended clip and plays for the entire clip.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Many thanks for any help provided.

2 answers to this question

I just tried it on my system with the same result, I think this is a bug, the workaround is to select the Groove Clip -- go into the Clip Properties Inspector, under Groove Clips de-select looping -- then re-select looping and a message about hidden data will appear --  click ok and the Step Sequencer will behave as expected.

• Like 1