I miss cigs

Bapu

I was headed home on my normal commute and couldn't help but notice all of the tobacco planted between corn in the fields. This must be harvest week because the Amish were out there gathering it yesterday. A cash crop for them I guess. Must pay nicely. Then I had to wonder how that could possibly be in line with their belief. In selling something that there's no way in heck it can be good for anyone. I had to wonder if weed was legal to grow and sell here would they do that as well?

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I have a friend who is in A.A. and although he supports the decriminalization of marijuana, for others, he could/would not vote in favor of it based on his "program" principals.

AlcoholVsWeed.jpg

most_dangerous_drugs.0.png

Even though I've never smoked, I can still recognize that comparing the two is kind of ridiculous (though I also know exactly where that programming came from!).  I'm certainly not saying it's harmless, but what is if it's abused?  Note where "my" favorite falls on this list! 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

I gave up 18 years ago this very month.

There have been many, many times since then I've been tempted, but my will power held out.

Even now, I still get the occasional urge to light up. Probably a reflection on all the addictive shit they put in them.

Good move Steve, for me it has been almost 4 years.

Best of Luck to you ,

Kenny

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 5:45 PM, craigb said:

AlcoholVsWeed.jpg

most_dangerous_drugs.0.png

Even though I've never smoked, I can still recognize that comparing the two is kind of ridiculous (though I also know exactly where that programming came from!).  I'm certainly not saying it's harmless, but what is if it's abused?  Note where "my" favorite falls on this list! 😁

Why don't they list coffee here?